Best non-leather straps?

The basic Domke Gripper without the swivel. They have a rubber thread weave that doesn't slip.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Domke_Canon_Gripper.jpg
    Domke_Canon_Gripper.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 0
Tamrac has a completely non-leather and non-metal strap with quick releases and non-slip that works for me. Quite affordable too. I like hte black colered one, but htey have it avaialbe in all sorts of hippie colors if thats your pleasure.

I am also interested in a cloth strap and would like to wear it like a sling across the chest/shoulder, not just over the neck. How long would the strap have to be? Concerned that the Voigtlander/A&A cloth neck strap would be too short.

I am also interested in a cloth strap and would like to wear it like a sling across the chest/shoulder, not just over the neck. How long would the strap have to be? Concerned that the Voigtlander/A&A cloth neck strap would be too short.

i'm a small Asian guy with wide shoulders (as mentioned by the staff where i bought a suit, wide shoulders but have short arms) not muscular, still have some baby fat ... i can use the AA strap ove the chest style. i can shoot my camera (M6/IIIf) when in that configuration by just sliding up the camera to my left or right eye. i can swing the camera to my back when not in use.

it could be a tight fit ... since the length of the strap is only 35 inches (from cameraquest website)

Yeah, I have that one, and think it's a bit short for that.

Since at times I like to wear the strap in the same way, I'm seriously thinking of this one recently discussed in another thread:

http://www.dsptch.com/collections/sling/products/camera-sling-strap-black

A&A/ Voigtlander cloth strap.

Be aware that it's a very short strap. If you are a big guy, it may seem too short. You definitely won't wear it across the chest/shoulder.

I have a Leica strap on my IIIc and my M3, and a Voigtlander cloth strap temporarily on my M6.

i'm a small Asian guy with wide shoulders (as mentioned by the staff where i bought a suit, wide shoulders but have short arms) not muscular, still have some baby fat ... i can use the AA strap ove the chest style. i can shoot my camera (M6/IIIf) when in that configuration by just sliding up the camera to my left or right eye. i can swing the camera to my back when not in use.

it could be a tight fit ... since the length of the strap is only 35 inches (from cameraquest website)

Thanks. I just ordered the Domke gripper to try out as I would like a little reserve length to adjust for a more custom fit.

Is there a way to engineer a strap that worked like the Y strap from Figital Revolution but attached to both lugs?

+100!.... just picked up one from the RFF classifieds for $70 and I love it better than anything I have used since 1970!

Should have done this long ago.:angel:

. . . . . I picked up a used green silk A&A strap a few months back and put it on my Chrome M6 TTL. Love the look and the strap feel great against the skin.

I had used the Leica stap previously but I rarely ever put the camera around my neck or over my shoulder and it is not as comfortable having it wrapped around my wrist.

The silk strap is pricey but getting a mint copy used is possible. They pop up every once in awhile.

. . . . . and the little leather on the ends work well to protect the keep the silk cord from rubbing against the camera and causing wear on the strap.

6043097929_c547c6ab71_z.jpg

I have the Voigtlander non-adjustable strap. I can barely cross-sling it, and I'm a small guy. Most of the time I hang it off a shoulder. Around the neck only, the camera hangs around the bottom ribs/bottom of sternum

Back