Best non-leather straps?

That is a nice looking strap, Jeremy. I really like the simplicity of it.

I wonder how well the polyester will wear. Does it feel hot or uncomfortable against the skin? Would it be suitable for a heavy camera (like a big SLR) or better for a lighter weight camera?

I tend to prefer natural plant fibers or leather for the sake of comfort. I'm an omnivore, but synthetic materials are OK too if they are comfortable, well-made, and long-lasting.

Believe me, it's very nicely more substantial than it looks on the site! Strength wise i would have no problem using this with my 5d2. comfort wise I will let you know when I'm back next week!

Looks really nice, definitely looking forward to your week later report!

Sorry if I avoided the "why?" questions but I didn't really want to get into a side discussion about ethics or sterility or whatever as that doesn't really play into the question. I just wanted to know some ideas for non-leather straps, and a strap with leather parts isn't non-leather.

i just got an email and a small refund...seems the shipping rate has been lowered to 6 bucks for international shipping.

I knew it...just had to be someone out there that made a nice looking strap like the Lance strap! Great choice!

Would love to have a black one with the green just for the M3.;)

attachment.php

Heck, at that price, I might get one for each of the Nikons! Color-coordinated, of course.

Any suggestions? Open to all options, looking for recommendations from personal experience. Thanks!

Leica Strap is the winner.

At first I was disappointed when I acquired a new m, I thought Leica went cheap after the m3 leather straps.

Using it on the field , it's the most useful, most basic and comfortable strap ever made.

Yes it doesn't have the looks or hand made silk knots , but it's the most reliable strap I've ever used.

The plastic safety is so simple and easy to lock and at the same time it assures the metal ring will not scratch the body.

I assume if anybody is going to buy a non leather strap they would buy it for functionality and reliability rather than how it feels or how cool it looks.

I assume if anybody is going to buy a non leather strap they would buy it for functionality and reliability rather than how it feels or how cool it looks.

Bad assumption, if someone has an aversion to leather they probably don't think leather straps look cool. I think leather is both disgusting and ugly, but definitely want what I think is a cool looking strap if/when I use one.

The very cheapest Domke, that have no quick release. Or the original Leica straps.

A strap is a strap. Should not cost and arm and a leg.

Amen.

I personally really like the Domke Gripper as it stays well on one shoulder and is very supple.

I hate things around my neck.

The old "street kid" in me tells me never have anything around your neck that someone could grab on to....

+1 on the Nikon AN-4B.

Elegantly simple and strong.

Also inexpensive. Which is to say that it's in no way "exclusive." Which may ruin it, depending on your priorities.

I found this strap too and thought it would be a nice low key strap. But does it have Nikon written on it? Is there a way to remove it?

If you carry an M over the shoulder, not across the chest, the Upstrap does just what it says - stays up. It's adjustable and more secure than either the Domke or the Leica, both of which work just fine across the chest. I've used, and use, all three. If I'm working a fire and have turnout gear on, only the Upstrap stays put.

Back