Booze and creativity

I'm not able to drink and work. When I drink, I get sleepy. Two or three (or more) drinks in the evening is fine but it's difficult to make good pictures when you're asleep in the afternoon.

I'm not able to drink and work. When I drink, I get sleepy. Two or three (or more) drinks in the evening is fine but it's difficult to make good pictures when you're asleep in the afternoon.
I get sleepy after drinking only if I'm bored or searching for displacement activities. If I'm doing something I really want to do, the wine perks me up.

Cheers,

R.

Back in college in the 70's one glass of wine would let me hand hold my camera down to 1/8th of a second with good results. Being much older now I try to stay above 125. Joe

This is the reason why the only "doping" for sharpshooters in sport is alcohol. They are tested for alcohol level because it removes the shake and creates an advantage.

On one hand, I completed my dissertation while having a few glasses of wine every evening.

When it comes to photography though, the pictures i take while having had a few glasses of wine, do not seem so interesting the day after and they definitely come out more blurry...

exactly my view - you have to be drunk twice; once you make the shots, and then again when evaluating the results.

Though a biut of booze does free me up which leads to more liberal use of the shutter button and the surroundings, which leads to -by chance maybe - more interesting shots.

My wife has a refrigerator magnet:

"Wine improves with age.
I improve with wine."

Wine and wife both from 1983.
Seems to be a good year for wife.
For wine...mwah. So nope, it doesn't always improve with age.

The cat has nothing to do with the subject.:)

Attachments

• AlyaWine.jpg
    AlyaWine.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
once (in my life) i took mushrooms. Magik ones. A crazy amount of great ideas came to my mind. But i was unable to write.
Obviously, i remembered no details next day (only that i had a crazy amount of great ideas).

I'm with Huxley

I'm with Huxley

"The Doors of Perception" by Aldous Huxley discusses this topic in detail.

However very few of us can work as Hunter S. Thompson did.

I get very sensitized (as a viewer) to art (music, visuals, pictures) after a glass of wine, and inspired (as a photographer) to do new things.
Two glasses of wine and my inspirations fade and I am just a sensitized over-emotional viewer.

Back