Bronica RF645 GAS attack

dkirchge said:
Fits right in with the slower pace of MF photography :)
Slower pace, huh Doug... :p I've also heard people refer to the slower pace of manual-focus 35mm rangefinder work; maybe it comes out about the same pace, in contrast to a quicker pace in digital/motorized/AF/zoom photography. The Bronica is pretty fast-working, with both Aperture-priority auto and Program Auto in addition to full manual exposure. Manual wind and focus of course, but the Program AE probably makes it faster than a Leica M6, with an equally crisp rangefinder. About the same speed on metered-manual I expect. Seems adequately quick to me! :D

Doug K. was referring to the slow pace of my decision making. That's what fits in with the slower pace of medium format.

Actually, I'm really stalling for time so that I can think up a good story to tell my wife.

Robert

RObert Budding said:
Keep your eyes open - I may sell off my Contax IIIa and lenses (35/2.8 Biogon, 50/1.5 Opton Sonnar, 85/2.0 jena Sonnar, and 135/4.0 Sonnar). Everything was serviced by Henry Scherer.

:D There is no drooling smiley, is there? ...

RObert Budding said:
Doug K. was referring to the slow pace of my decision making. That's what fits in with the slower pace of medium format.

Actually, I'm really stalling for time so that I can think up a good story to tell my wife.
I see, stand corrected; wife-informing can be a delicate matter. :D

GAS Relief

GAS Relief

My Bronica RF645, along with the 45mm and 65mm lenses, should arrive today. I'll run some Fuji Astia through this weekend and see what I get!

Robert

Would like to see that camera, Robert. Any chance of you bringing it to the get together in a couple of weeks?

Well, it's here. Wow! Nice build quality and very compact for MF! But there is a small problem - the reangefinder verticle allignment is off, so I need to ship it out, along with my 100mm lens to be certain that it focuses accurately.

I'll bring it along on Oct 14, Peter, if it's back by then. Otherwise, we'll have to meet for another beer!

Robert

Back