Camera Work

Maybe you guys are already very familiar with Annie Leibovitz's portrait of Louise Bourgeois, but I happened upon it recently and was really blown away by its depth. I'm usually inclined to blow her off as the photographer of the stars, but these sorts of images remind me how good she really is.

It relates so perfectly to her work. If you're not familiar with it, you should look it up. Its absolulty stunning. Here's the portrait:

Louise Bourgeois

Living in Italy I first look at Bill Owes pictures made in Italy and found curious and interesting to see what the view of a foreigner is about this country ! Food and...
robert

PKR:

Brad Trent's work is phenomenal. I love the "Lighting Tests" series. I think they're most powerful viewed together. The inclusion of the assistant in each one adds something really cool to the images. Definitely bookmarked the website. Thanks!

Wow. Those are really, really amazing photographs. I can't even begin to articulate how much I enjoyed those. The opening image on the richardavedon.com site with the woman and elephants is really mind blowing. His fashion work is also thoroughly incredible. Really, all of it is thoroughly incredible

I am indeed 16, and desperately trying to get a grasp on the last 100 or so years of photography. I'm going through a Lartigue and Atget phase right now, though I might have to add Avedon to the list now, too. Seeing all of this amazing work really fuels my passion. And for that, I thank you.

I look forward to reading the whole Assisting Avedon story. He seems like a nice guy, and an even better photographer. An excellent combination.

PKR, this thread is a great resource. Thank to you for starting it, and for keeping it going along with a few other key members. Have been following along..

Wow! I had completely forgotten about his work. About a year or so ago, a friend lent me the film "Manufactured Landscapes" (<- click to open) - Holy Schmoly - I highly recommend you add this to your netflix queue.

It has images such as THIS (though that is from the China Series).

I've had the Burn Magazine window open for a week now, meaning to take a deeper look..

Just received a book of Josef Koudelka's work last week.

Back