Minnesota Can we get a Twin Cities Club going???

Hey everyone!

This has been a busy few weeks for me and unfortunately I left this off the priority list. The good news is, lets plan one! Would anyone have interest in heading downtown next weekend? Let me know and I will plan out a place to meet up and whatnot.

Cheers

Hey gang,

To make things easy, lets plan to meet at spyhouse coffee this Saturday.

Bill, I think it'll probably just be the two of us based on interest. I am about to message you back, I have just been busy.

Lets say 0800 meet up and then we can head out whenever.

Spyhouse Coffee
907 N Washington Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Cheers,
Andy

Pardon my intrusion from NYC, but about 8 years ago Damaso Reyes started a NYC Meet-Up and within a few months he kinda handed it off to me.

At first the lazy slacker and carefree guy in me really resented being thrown responsibility, but it has evolved into a great thing. Really wonderful having a support group, having photography friends, and just having a safe place to share your passion. I have so many great friends, and it is really important to be able to put yourself out there and have a place to share your work.

I can tell you that the NYC Meet-Up has helped me grow as a photographer, and also has helped me get more widely known. I strongly encourage you guys to do this, and being around other creatives is a great space that you guys can create and call your own. Anyways make it fun.

Wishing you all the best.

Cal

Thanks for the positive thoughts Cal.

At one of these meets I'm going to have at my home where I live, a brief workshop; I still have a studio set up and have a handout on basic posing, composition and lighting patterns that can make people look beautiful.

Smiles.

Bill,

In the end I got more than I ever gave. Sometimes we only have a handful of people, most times a steady dozen-15, but there have been flash mobs of close to 50 people.

Always fun.

Also don't forget special events like shooting trips. Last year 7 of us New Yorkers took a bus to Philly and met up with three friends from Philly. We shot Eastern State Penitentuary a prison that was abandoned in 1971 that is in the process of being restored/stabilized.

Anyways over the past eight years I grew a lot. It is really awesome sharing passion in a group.

Cal

So this has completely fallen off and I apologize. I have good reasons but I won't bore you with them on here. If anyone is still around this thread, chime in and we can get something started again.

Hope all is well,
Andy

I just joined RF and I live in Andover. If you folks want to revive this thing please say so. I travel a bit so I won't make it every month, but I would be up for a try or two.
Cheers,

Larry Sawyer

Back