Canada Canada RFF Meet - a poll

BJ Bignell

Je n'aurai plus peur
Local time
8:01 PM
Ladies and gentlemen,

To help figure out what we're going to do on our RFF meet in Montreal, I've decided to run a poll. This is a multiple choice poll, so please pick all of the items that interest you.

If there is something obvious that I've missed, please add it to the thread here. We can run another poll if necessary, or if interest is obviously universal, we'll just include that activity.

Please note that because this is an "unofficial" RFF meet, we don't have any money. This means that if we go somewhere, it is most likely going to be 100% on your dime. However, I am making efforts to ensure that we select activities that are free, or very low-cost, so that the weekend will be accessible for everyone. There are a lot of things to see and do for free here in Montreal, so I'm not worried.

This is an event for you to enjoy, so please be involved in selecting the activites!

Cheers,
BJ

P.S. This poll expires in 30 days.

Last edited:
Details about the model shoot: I have been considering a non-nude model shoot where the premise is that each photographer gets one camera, one lens, one roll of film, and a set amount of time (30 minutes), in the location of our choosing. The photographer is free to create whatever type of images they like with the model, within the timeframe given. Lighting would be available light or on-camera flash only, no studio equipment.

This is similar to the Naked in the House concept, except that we would be shooting a non-nude model. If there is significant interest in a nude model, this may also be possible.

Could you continue to explore the nude model in abandoned factory that Marc Jutras has access to?

FrankS said:
Could you continue to explore the nude model in abandoned factory that Marc Jutras has access to?
I can't do that, I'm afraid. If my wife finds out about me exploring nude models, well... :eek: :D

Seriously though, we will explore that option, and if there is enough group interest, then I'll do what I can to make it happen.

I think too that as a group we may splinter a bit if there are differing interests with a common meeting for dinner and evening activities. That is ok in my eyes too.

I also liked the suggestion made that we use C41 film, color or B&W so our results could be shared while we are together.

BJ Bignell said:
I can't do that, I'm afraid. If my wife finds out about me exploring nude models, well... :eek: :D

Seriously though, we will explore that option, and if there is enough group interest, then I'll do what I can to make it happen.

wife???

joe

rover said:
I think too that as a group we may splinter a bit if there are differing interests with a common meeting for dinner and evening activities. That is ok in my eyes too.

I also liked the suggestion made that we use C41 film, color or B&W so our results could be shared while we are together.

I agree on all points.

rover said:

In the event that there is a clear divide between interests, we may well split into two group activities. Since it seems we're going to be 15-20 people, it'll be a lot of work to keep everyone together!

I don't know yet if Marc has spoken to his guy at the photo lab, but if we can arrange a processing/scanning deal, it would be very good to use C41. If this happens, I'm thinking about having a Monday brunch/lunch for everyone, before we disband, where we can share our work from the weekend.

BJ Bignell said:
Well, we're not officially married, but it's a more accurate description than "girlfriend"...

ah, thanks for clearing that up.
i thought maybe you had a quick & quiet wedding.

joe

i like the idea of seperate activities during the day and meeting for meals.
i never process film quickly so the c41 is not a priority for me but i would do it if that's the general consensus.
of course, then you'd see just how much photoshopping i do;)

In the event that there is a clear divide between interests, we may well split into two group activities. Since it seems we're going to be 15-20 people, it'll be a lot of work to keep everyone together!

Public markets, food related shooting, even tourist spots are pretty informal. It may come down to just pointing folks in the right direction. I am sure there will be enough common ground and diversity to keep us all together in groups which will keep us all interested.

rover said:
Public markets, food related shooting, even tourist spots are pretty informal. It may come down to just pointing folks in the right direction. I am sure there will be enough common ground and diversity to keep us all together in groups which will keep us all interested.
Would we be driving around the city? I discovered a neat area up there a couple of years ago that I 'd like to go back to first thing in the morning and do some street shooting. It would involve a little driving though. (maybe the Metro runs out there, I'm not sure).

Last edited:
slydee said:
When this meeting will happend? I didn't see any date!
I like to join you!

the may long weekend slydee and you're welcome to join us.
keep track of what's going on here in this post, for now.

joe

Yeah, when I think "nude model" I do not think male. Gender bias I guess.

Last edited:
Back