Industar LTM Canon 7 - industar 61d won't mount?!

Industar M39 lenses
they are set to close focus and still won't mount.
nevermind.
@Spicy, yes i have to agree, the rougher the outside, the better the glass seems. IMO

If you have any of the relevant lenses, you will have a better appreciation of what is being said here.

1) Longer lenses tend to have tongues which interact with the RF cam. Setting minimum focus pulls the tongue in, preventing it bouncing off (or hanging on) the RF cam.
2) All lenses are easier to put on (and take off) Leica-style RFs set to minimum focus because it's easier to get them aligned when you don't have to push on the RF cam.
3) FSU cameras have solid cams (not rollers) and all the above applies doubly so to them.
4) With lenses with rings that match the RF cam, and roller RF cams, there is little to worry about either way. This is the case with a I-61 on a Canon 7.

If it ever happens to you, you will appreciate that some (definitely not all) Soviet lenses have thread incompatibilities with true Leica Thread Mount (39mm 26TPI). Some have troubles with Soviet cameras. But Leica, Canon, Cosina etc have tighter thread tolerances than the Soviets had. Period.

Please, people, stop contributing to threads unless you have actual knowledge of the actual problem/s.

My I-61L/D, happily and famously traveling Australia and New Zealand for RFF, is 100% compatible with the FED 2 it is attached to. And 100% incompatible with a Bessa R, 2 x Leica IIIc's and about 6 LTM-M adapters. I don't think the LTM-M adapter incompatibility is due to RF cam issues because it's true even with the adapter unattached to a camera. And it's true with cheap Chinese (chromed brass) adapters as well as a Leica one and a Voigtlander (Cosina) one.

On the other hand I have an I-50, a FED 50, a J-8 and a J-12 which work with all the above, including the FED 2. And no other lens of other manufacturer (Cosina, Nikon, Leica, Canon) has ever seized, focal lengths 21mm - 100mm.

Well, yeah, I do have more than one FSU or LTM lens. But I don't mess around with trying to use the FSU's on an LTM camera (or vice versa). They work just fine on my Soviet made equipment, and that's where they stay. :p

PF

I've been told by a friend that the J-12 mounts and works fine on his Canon P. The resulting photos look good.

PF

Back