Celebrity Run-Ins Street Photography

NY_Dan

Well-known
Local time
11:18 PM
Bumped into one of my favorite actor/comedians, Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) on the streets of New York City this past week. He graciously posed for this quick shot:
tumblr_nki2kp99kt1r916qao1_1280.jpg

Rolleiflex 2.8f Tri-X 1/125th f/8

Years ago, I ran into Brian Keith in the streets of Chicago. I had my Nikon F80 with me, and I asked him for permission to photograph him... Now, I must fish out and scan that slide...

Any more celebrities spotted lately?

well not Street...not run in, having a late lunch before heading to the Arena A Dear friend and I suppose a Celebrity shot with one of those tiny minox cameras I had on me back in the 90's Eric & Jimmy having Lunch @La Paella NYC by helenhill_HH, on Flickr

Awesome!!
JP was one of my biggest heroes when I was a teen.
Great pic Helen. :)

NPR has an interview and accompanying photo with and of him on their site at the moment.
Time has been kind but he sure does look different !

I have seen quite a few. If you lived in NYC, especially where I did through the 70s, 80s, and 90s, you saw a lot. I had two live in my building - Lenny Kaye, guitarist for Patti Smith, and Keir and Dimitri of Deee - Lite (Groove Is In The Heart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzoEK545j64). I preferred to defer not to photograph them. Maybe my bad.

Is the Erwitt?

JP? I was a huge fan when i was younger. Zep was my band. I have celebs but not on the streets. Paid to photograph them..

Clever Keith ... Very tongue in cheek
The shot gives me a Few thoughts
a Voyeur waiting for his Target
Catching A private View with your Muse Tinkerbell

Back