Celebrity Run-Ins Street Photography

... you probably didn't kow the other chap wore a dress for a living at one time ...

I didn't know you'd got that one Michael, nice!

Back in the early 2000s, I ran into Al Gore here in Chicago.. I only had my Minox C on me - I wonder if that film got archived properly. Hmm... I don't think I have photos of any of my other celebrity run ins.

Celebrity is an interesting thing. Some of the above I recognise others I don't.

Eddie Izzard (heels & goatee) is popular over here Ned, and instantly recognisable to 99% of the UK population. I'd recognise Mr Luiz but suspect that many others here, who don't follow the footy, wouldn't know him from Sideshow Bob! I'd like to know who is the woman in the spotty top with the horses?

I'll dig out my old photographs of John Barnwell, Leslie Crowther and Frazer Hines the next time I'm riffling through the family albums.

Funny story behind this shot. I had acquired a new lens, a summitar and I took it for a spin. I didn't realize it at the time but I was having problems with my M2 and any lens I put on it wasn't focussing properly. Everything was back focussed.

In this shot I posted it with some samples and a RFF member PM'd me and told me who was in the shot. Richard Thompson. I'd never heard of the guy before but after some googling it appears that he is a fairly noticeable folk singer. Who knew!

13958086878_e5372bd0a6_c.jpg

Celebrity is an interesting thing. Some of the above I recognise others I don't.

Eddie Izzard (heels & goatee) is popular over here Ned, and instantly recognisable to 99% of the UK population. I'd recognise Mr Luiz but suspect that many others here, who don't follow the footy, wouldn't know him from Sideshow Bob! I'd like to know who is the woman in the spotty top with the horses?

I'll dig out my old photographs of John Barnwell, Leslie Crowther and Frazer Hines the next time I'm riffling through the family albums.

The woman in the spotty top with the horses is Betty White; she's a very well known (on this side of the pond) actress and comedienne, renowned for her longevity and her irreverence. She's been in tons of things, and is pretty much a household name here. It's a lovely series of images on her, by the way.

Not long ago, in my tourist capacity in the town of Hanalei (north shore Kauai) I was getting a ginger ale in the natural food store when a dapper gent in aloha shirt bought a couple of organic chickens for dinner. Irish accent, but clearly a regular customer, chatting up the proprietor. Took me a moment to register him as Pierce Brosnan.

I had my GR on my wrist, but let the man buy dinner in peace, went out and told my adult children who was where. They had no compunctions like mine, and pulled out their iPhones. I got a few of their Bubba's famous fries while they were paparazzing.

Back