Illinois Chicago meetup?

I too got cleared! :) In fact, I was counting to see Ken again! :( We haven't met for over a year... But then, I haven't seen Liam for even longer than that!

Usually, it's just RFF people, and we need to identify ourselves by our RFF handle too! :) Usually it's easy to spot us, as we're the only group of males who has a bunch of cameras on the table. Oh, and beer too!

No minimum number. We've had 2, we've had 8-10. It's just a friendly get together. I don't recall ever cross-promoting, l've always just assume RFF guys, but I don't think that's a real rule or anything.

Ken, that's a bummer. Don't suppose you could convince her it's a fake holiday at this point. ;)

Ha, not likely - this is our first Valentine's together, it won't fly.

Going to be a bit chilly, but I'm still planning on being there at 1. I have a client meeting before hand that is threatening to run a bit over, but I'll get there.

I've never been to one of these, though I've been interested. I think I'll be able to make it tomorrow.

Matt, who hardly ever posts to RFF.

I have a cold and it's been impossible to shake it off, but unless I'm sneezing my brains out, I intend to board a train and go. Let's see to update each other via this board or PM.

Besides, I want to show off my new acquisitions! :)

I haven't seen Francisco for some time, and look forward to seeing his toys. I'm bringing some toys of my own. :) Sorry to miss you, Marc, this time around.

Sorry, guys, but I will have to sit this one out. I'm sneezing like I'm getting paid to do it and it's not fun. In my case, due to family things, I have to leave the house early to jump in a train at about 9 AM... but the temperature is about -7° and that's not good...

Darn... and I really wanted to have some nice talk and walk in that neighborhood!

It was good meeting Rico and Rogue. Too bad it was so darn cold out! How about a July meetup when the weather will be over 10 degrees?

Good get-together, yes. :) We should try for a (larger) gathering sooner than July (before Liam leaves Chicagoland).

Hatchetman - ah! I thought you said "Action Man" - hence my superhero query. Good meeting you!

Rico - always good to see you.

I'd love to shoot for an April/May meet, or even an informal one around St. Pats, if people want to come shoot the parades.

Quick grabs, toying with Rico's little 28mm on the XPro1

Rico, holding court.
Khpejt7.jpg

Hatchet man, in rapt attention. ;)
r8axR7F.jpg

Whoops, sorry. :) From images posted, that VC appears to have quite weak corners, but is likely fine on your cropper.

Aye, should be ok. If not, I paid a reasonable price for it. I expect I can unload it without too much trouble, or loss on my part.

Back