Contax T, anyone?

I took the top cover off mine, used a cocktail stick the clean betwwen the 2 shutter contacts. Cleaned the veiwfider of dust ( it had got quite bad). Next roll of film, 37 images, no more shutter issues.

Got a deal on ebay for a silver T and just couldn't loose it. I have the camera since two weeks and couldn't be more happy bout it: no bigger than a pack of cigarettes when folded!
Here are some recent test pictures
Senza titolo by del Rey., su Flickr

Senza titolo by del Rey., su Flickr

The only drawbacks for me are that the ISO dial only goes up to 1000, and the front door which activates the camera is not often easy to open if you don't have long nails :), personally I would have preferred more something like a spring mechanism which could make the lens pop out

I'd love to find one cheap, but those days seem to have passed, even for those that are battered and bruised (which I don't mind at all).

I'd love to find one cheap, but those days seem to have passed, even for those that are battered and bruised (which I don't mind at all).

I was very lucky (150€), especially because it works perfectly, I hope the shutter doesn't break like I read often about this model.
I think if you check ebay frequently you'll eventually manage to find one

Small but no lightweight

Small but no lightweight

no bigger than a pack of cigarettes when folded!

I thought the Contax T would be the ultimate pocket camera.
Though I got sharp well-exposed negatives from mine I eventually sold it.

Without the flash it fits comfortably in a chest pocket.
However I found it too heavy to keep there.

Chris

29149107374_1385e06fb2_b.jpg

29149103984_c7e9532bec_b.jpg

Contax T Ultramax 400

Shawn

Pardon my grave digging but this thread seemed to be kind of a general Contax T thread so I didn't want to open a new one.

I got a Contax T that was hardly working when I got it and by now doesn't work at all anymore. When I got it the frame counter would work, but nothing else. So no shutter or meter movement at all.

After taking it apart a couple of times to see if I could locate some problems and getting more frustrated I managed to make the frame counter stop working as well. So by now it doesn't do anything at all.

The front door which used to be quite hard to open now moves without any initial resistance at all so I am thinking I might have damaged the part that "activates" the camera. I think I might also have slightly bent the circuit board at one point so might as well have broken it proper and gotten myself the often quoted paper weight.

Well my questions are now whether anyone has some ideas for possible repairs, a repair manual, knows a shop that still services those cameras or has anything else to chime in that might or might not help.
There is a shop that seems to be still working on the contax t in Paris. I don't know if I am allowed to link it. If interested search for "Has anyone here in the group had their T sent for service? Who would you recommend; who have you heard that offers repair for this camera?" to get to a Flickr Discussion where the shop is managed. I haven't had any contact with the shop myself so far but will contact them after christmas is done.
Not having too much hope for the T but if it would work it would be the ideal camera to always carry for me so I won't give up hope just yet.

Back