Contax T, T2, T3 and TVS (film) Gallery

Love all this T3 work. I'm going to shoot a roll tomorrow in mine. Everything I'd shoot with my stupid iPhone, I'll use the T3.

Leica and Summicron in a pocket. That's why Anders Petersen likes it...and, it flies under the radar.

Lisbon
Contax T3 / Kodak Portra 400

2014-42C_contaxt3_kodakportra400_Scan-141219-0021.jpg

2014-42C_contaxt3_kodakportra400_Scan-141219-0022.jpg

I love both of them. And those colours.....
Pete
Zeiss lenses and the Zeiss-look is indeed something quite nice. I don't have any zeiss-glass for dslrs etc or any film-based compact with Zeiss-lens but the Contax TVS Digital and that one have a very fine zoomlens in terms of optical performance and overall good jpeg processing engine except from the oversharpening, using the default setting. But sharpness -1 in camera setting comes out pretty decent enough with a natural look.

That camera seems to be one of the better preserved secret gems among digital compacts which have come and gone through the years. Probably mainly due to the ridiculously high price as new.
The street price for the Titanium silver camera is $899.95 and is available beginning March 2003; the street price for the Titanium black camera is $999.95
http://americas.kyocera.com/news/news_detail.cfm?key=821
But for that price, the ones who opened their wallets not only got a very fine but capable camera. Mostly Titanium body, sapphire materials for the shutter-release button and the optical viewfinder and a small but simple IR remote control which I've found to be useful at parties and other arrangements. Also, the short shutter-release lag and the user interface is about as superb and intuitive as for many of the old school Ricoh digital cameras like the first Caplio GX 5mp.
Although having read some of the contention in the real reviews around of the TVSD it surpassed my expectations when I finally bought one mostly out of curiousity to get to know more exactly what it was like in actual use.
As far as I remember the reviews never mentioned how superb the UI is compared to many other digital cameras but moaned about the noise which is rather grainlike (instead of filthy smudgy or smoothed noise as so many newer digital cameras and phonecameras have a real hell with) at higher iso settings like 320 (max 400) and often very usable as long as it not is a too badly exposed picture.
There is some smaller drawbacks with that camera but not too serious. One is that the flash capacitor needs charge up on every first coldstart each day I'm going to use it, even though the flash setting is set to Off. I take about three or four seconds.
There is also full screen freeze when the AF focuses. Another small problem is that the lcd screen easily seems to pick up small very tiny scratches or marks on the surface of it when compared to other camera lcds.
I don't remember what I paid for my TVSD in 2012, but definitely way less as it was in a usual Ebay auction for a used TVSD.

I might post some pictures which I've taken with it unless people here protest as the topic says "Contax T, T2, T3 and TVS (film) Gallery"

Great images everyone! Liking the longer exposures/double exposure shots as well.

This thread has made me decide to look for one. I really don't see too many for sale, especially in black, so this may take some time.

After my trip to Porto, and a couple of unfortunate incidents, my Contax T3 developed the dreaded sticky lens cap blade syndrome: the lens cap blades wouldn't open all the way anymore when the camera was switched on. I sent it to Tritec GmbH in Germany and they fixed it in two days for as little as 16 euros. All in all it took just one week for my T3 to be back home, fully function. Really impressive service!

Some pictures from Weßling, Germany, on Kodak Portra 400:

2015-08C_contaxt3_kodakportra400_Scan-150325-0009.jpg

2015-08C_contaxt3_kodakportra400_Scan-150325-0016.jpg

2015-08C_contaxt3_kodakportra400_Scan-150325-0015.jpg

2015-08C_contaxt3_kodakportra400_Scan-150325-0003.jpg

Back