Current Rolleiflex CLA Cost?

Karl Ehlers, took 10 days and cost $270. I got a CLA, focus repair, a Roleinar 2, and shipping cost. Henry Fleenor suggested him as he has a 4 month turn around time and is more expensive.

Sargon Evanian in Sydney
I see (from his website) he is now no longer servicing cameras.

Bad timing on my part, having only just discovered he was out there at all.

Anyone else in Sydney (or Australia) currently in the business of Rolleiflex CLAs?

Got my 2.8F back after 4 months from Oceanside. Shutter overhaul was $160, transport mechanism overhaul was $160, there was other issues such as the meter linkage not coupled correctly - probably due to a repair before I bought it. the "other issues" cost $120.

Early cameras without the complicated mechanism of the transport mechanism, parallex correction and meter should be a lot cheaper. The Autocord and earlier models are basically a box with lens and shutter.

I've owned a lot of Rollei's in my life, mostly from doing camera shows in the 80's & early 90's. After a disastrous early experience with a shop that did all my other repairs I've only used Harry. I look at this way, the Ford garage charges about $85 per hour to work on my car. Applying that to the Harry's work that translates to about 5 hours of work. In my part of the country even the cutting grass makes almost that much.

I have 18 Rollei TLRs in my collection and most have been serviced/CLEd by Krikor Maralian, Paul Ebel, or Harry Fleenor. I can recommend all of these guys.

Krikor has also sold me some nice non-TLR Rolleis and all of them have been very good. Harry Fleenor has beautifully restored a couple of Rollei 66 bodies for me.

Last edited:
Karl Ehlers is still in the game at a lower volume as part of his retirement. Did a 1st class job. Full work over $300. Added a Maxwell screen $200. Done in under a month. Even removed some scuff marks on the body. Beautiful work.

I have 18 Rollei TLRs in my collection and most have been serviced/CLEd by Krikor Maralian, Paul Ebel, or Harry Fleenor. I can recommend all of these guys.

Krikor has also sold me some nice non-TLR Rolleis and all of them have been very good. Harry Fleenor has beautifully restored a couple of Rollei 66 bodies for me.

18???? :D:D:D:D

Just my 2 cents....

Just my 2 cents....

I too have had Rolleiflexes serviced by Krikor, Paul, and Harry. The only instance in which what I had been promised was actually done right the first time and not require I send the camera back at least once, was with Harry Fleenor. Among the others, one camera was returned to me in significantly worse mechanical condition than when I sent it to them and the other reeked of lighter fluid and the shutter was STill stuck. IMHO, any savings of money and/or aggravation hoped for by using someone other than Harry Fleenor might not materialize.

My 2.8F shutter blades stuck yesterday. Came from nowhere, (seeming) perfect function to this in the space of one roll. Shutter speed dial went very tight and the shutter fired/blades moved but don't recover to closed.

Damn. I will dearly miss it now during the summer holidays.

Before I do send this off to the USA - can anyone recommend any trusted service providers for a complete Rolleiflex overhaul who might be able to turn it around a little quicker than 5 months? Thanks.

Harry Fleenor is praised by all Rolleiflex users who ever sent the camera to him. Therefore, the queue is quite long. I had my Rolleiflex 3.5F overhauled by him. It took more than 4 months. You may consider the following shops which may have a much shorter turnaround time. They have been recommended by other users.

Mr Dave Feeley
Key Camera Service
1428 Main St.
Longmont, CO 80501
Telephone (303) 772-7690
Particulars: Address for Rolleiflex cameras and lenses with electronic parts (GX, FX, FW and FT; System 6000). Mr Feeley prefers to be contacted by phone.
About this entry (04/2017). Contact details: checked.

Pro Camera Service
710 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Telephone (805) 497-7240
Fax (805) 497-0826
e-mail: Pro Camera Service
URL: http://www.procamera.net

Bill Moretz
ProCamera, 618 Forest St., Charlottesville, VA 22903
http://procamera.us/repair-services/

Magicflexcamera located in Germany seems a good option for European users. He posted some repair photos on his Instagram. He performs a complete overhaul. http://magicflexcamera.com/

Other repair shops can be found here
https://rolleigraphy.org/repair.php

Just want to give an update on my 3.5F. Recently, the shutter for 1s and 1/2s often hangs for several seconds before the escapement is initiated. I shot ~5-8 rolls after it was overhauled (both shutter and transport) by Harry Fleenor in Sep 2018. I was disappointed because I think it is supposed to work for several years. Unfortunately, I was not able to notice this issue earlier since I didn't use it in the last 4 months. So the camera is out of warranty.

I heard from somebody who wanted to get his 3.5F fixed a overhaul is about
$900.00 from Fleenor, I just say wow!

Sounds like they mis-heard. It cost me about $350 iirc to
get my Rolleiflexes serviced w Fleenor.

What was the extent if the work required by your friend? Did he need lenses repolished and recemented? Did he need a new shutter? etc etc

I've used Fleenor for three various Rolleiflex models and the total cost never exceeded $500 - and that included a brand-new maxwell bright-screen for one of the cameras.

The cameras work perfectly to this day and have never skipped a beat despite several hundreds of rolls through them. Highly recommended.

I would hesitate to recommend Precision Camera for any repair at this point. Horrendous customer service from them. I couldn’t get in touch with the guy I was supposed to pay for days, no responses from any emails nor voicemails. Finally called back and begged to pay someone so they could return my Rollei FX. Paid after several forwards of my call, then never got a tracking number. Called back, and they didn’t have it. Tracked down the number after a 10 minute hold, and saw that it was to be delivered on Friday. But alas, they put restrictions on the delivery, so it was not delivered despite my signature release, and was not delivered yesterday despite my signature release, so I called UPS to ask that it be held at UPS, to learn that only Precision could change delivery instructions per their instructions. Called Precision last night and was told by a very annoyed employee that it was all set, and was to be held at my UPS hub. Went in this morning, to find that there was no hold, it had “been put on the truck” so expected it today. Just got a call from UPS telling me it is there at the hub, being held now, eight hours later.

This is not UPS, my driver is among the best delivery people I have ever had working anywhere.

I recall having issues with Precision in the past when I sent them film to run, but this is horrendous. Two weeks since I paid now, and still no camera in my hands. And to top it off they told me when the camera was ready that they’d screwed up the covering, so now it has several wrinkles. Crap service if you ask me. I hope it actually works, as it’s been so long that I can’t stop payment on the repair.

Bob, which of the Precision Camera outfits did you deal with... I think there are at least three with that name. I had satisfactory Konica service by the one in Connecticut...

Back