deals on film - post here!

jan normandale

Film is the other way
Local time
6:49 AM
Hi I'm looking to get the RFF membership sources of on line suppliers that provide aggressive pricing on film. A URL would be nice in the reply if it is readily available otherwise the name and city would let me Google a link, if the retailer is online

thanks, Jan

Last edited:
120 film is extremely expensive in the Netherlands; I buy all mine (non-expired, that is) from an *bay person called knotrc. His prices, even including shipping (from Hong Kong) and insurance, are less - sometimes HALF of - what I am charged here. They may not compete with North-American prices though...

JandC's 120 is about as cheap as it's going to get.

Cheapest price for Agfa APX100 in Canada was photo-co.com, $29cdn/100' ... the shipping costs and lack of provincial taxes washes out.

lynn - how much is that extremely expensive? I've found scolor.nl (amsterdam) to have good prices and service; for fuji colour films, kamera-express.nl is a bit cheaper. geengeld.nl is also okay. Example: fp4+ 125 in 120 costs 2.30 to 2.60 e per roll, in these shops. Delta3200 is about 3e / 120- roll. Propack of five for tri-x 400 120 is 16 euro. XP2 Super is about 2.90 per roll. Fuji nph, npc, npz if i remember correctly is around 20-22 per 5-pack.
If i go out to a shop and buy there, it can even be double.

Jan

If you are looking for Kodak Max 400 and have a Liquidation World outlet near you they had it on at $5.97 for a three pack of 24 exp and single 24 exp. rolls at $1.99. That was at a Refrew last week. The stuff I got expires 10/2007.

Bob

Yes...Scolor is excellent, I've bought 35mm film there, never inquired about 120 though. I shoot mostly colour (tsk) and, for instance, was quoted a price of almost 13 euros a roll for Velvia, NOT including developing. To be honest: I email this *Bay seller directly when I need a certain film, and am never dissatisfied with his quote.
I'll drop in to Scolor tomorrow when I'm in Amsterdam, though, just to be sure!

last time i checked (a week ago?two?) geengeld.nl had a five-for-fifteen action on velvia 100(F?)/120 film.

lynn, if you see any attractive offer in scolor tomorrow, like short-dated or recently outdated stuff for cheap, esp. in 120, would you drop me a PM please?:)

The other day talked to the owner of the photo store near my house, and indeed they make clearance sales of outdated slide film. She told me to come on wednesday and ask, cross your fingers for me !

As for online places, some days ago we were talking about Megaperls http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/ and also was told about this one http://www.nordfoto.de/ never got anything from any of them but prices are indeed attractive.

Oscar

This is becoming an interesting thread. I knew about J and C , however I thought I would ask because you never know what you might turn up just by asking. It has proven to be a worthwhile exercise so far.

Maybe we should even ask to see if this can be made into a sticky. Changed to "post deals on film" here for all members. Obviously right after you have filled a couple of fridges ..... like some members confessed to in an earlier thread. LOL!

I'm a Fuji guy and I really like the service provided by Megaperls, I recently got three 100ft bulk rolls of Neopan 1600 from them. Here are their current prices for my favorite films in bulk:

Acros 100 100ft bulk roll: US$37.38
Neopan 400 100ft bulk roll: US$30.15
Neopan 1600 100ft bulk roll: US$31.08

I don't mean to sound negative, but I've been posting regular "great deal on film" posts for some time now, and what I usually get is:

a) That film sucks.
b) I won't buy from that outlet, they suck.
c) Ignored.

In fact, my recent post about good prices in Walgreens on Agfa film was going to be the last time I posted anything. Nobody cares, then OK, fine. But I finally got a few decent responses, so I guess I'll keep looking.

I never understood the psychology that makes people trash something when someone else is just trying to pass on a deal they found.

Sorry, just bitching. Read my threads on film deals and you'll see it.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

bmattock said:
I don't mean to sound negative, but I've been posting regular "great deal on film" posts for some time now, and what I usually get is:

a) That film sucks.
b) I won't buy from that outlet, they suck.
c) Ignored.

In fact, my recent post about good prices in Walgreens on Agfa film was going to be the last time I posted anything. Nobody cares, then OK, fine. But I finally got a few decent responses, so I guess I'll keep looking.

I never understood the psychology that makes people trash something when someone else is just trying to pass on a deal they found.

Sorry, just bitching. Read my threads on film deals and you'll see it.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

Bill .... you know I love you babe!

I pay attention. I know you are on the job! My problem is I live where there is no Walgreens. Still I think your putting the news out is just fine with me. I love a deal.

What I noted earlier in this thread is the idea of leaving a 'sticky' for 'deals on film' so you or anyone can post and it is readily found. Sifting through everyone's threads just takes longer. Send me pm's if you find deals, I'll read 'em. BTW I haven't seen any new shots from yer RF lately. Muse leave?

Jan

jan normandale said:
Bill .... you know I love you babe!

I pay attention. I know you are on the job! My problem is I live where there is no Walgreens. Still I think your putting the news out is just fine with me. I love a deal.

What I noted earlier in this thread is the idea of leaving a 'sticky' for 'deals on film' so you or anyone can post and it is readily found. Sifting through everyone's threads just takes longer. Send me pm's if you find deals, I'll read 'em. BTW I haven't seen any new shots from yer RF lately. Muse leave?

Jan

Jan, thank you...sniff. I have been eating up all the leftover Halloween chocolate in the house and drinking beer. Funny together, not so good as I might have expected. Strange, beer goes with donuts pretty well. Flapjacks too.

Anyway, I'm at a touch past 'feeling no pain' and heading towards 'bulletproof'. So, sorry about that. Blood sugar is getting some exercise tonight. UP and down, UP and down. Last stage of drunk for me is 'non-linear' which I will not attempt this evening.

RF? I have 600+ shots from Gettysburg I'm still trying to wade through. Maybe 50 or 60 decent shots, not a bad ratio. I'll get a web page together, then on with the show - I have a lotta film to burn, and I'm stocked up on B&W chemistry for a change. I found a Fujica 35-ML behind the sofa just now! No wonder my butt was hurting. Dad nabit.

'Course, I have to help Cap'n Clack find a job. Can't have him without a home and his viewfinder getting all rusty.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

Back