New York December NYC Meet-Up

I got an e-mail yesterday that the check is in the mail. Generally "Maggie" says it sometimes takes 90 days to get paid. I was expecting to get paid next year. Oh-well. Would of been better next year because of tax purposes. "Rich people say, "No one ever got rich paying taxes," but Joe says, "Paying taxes is a good thing, because you are making money." The Bankster in me says, "Be greedy. I want both."
-
So yesterday I thought of Colin Kaepernick and what he represents. I feel strongly about what he stands for, so I figure as a gesture of support that I would try to secure one of his jerseys and wear it proudly. I do a search and end up in the official NFL store and was surprised to find that they still are selling his jerseys even though he is officially no longer in the NFL after being black-balled.

So I find they still have kid's sizes, but the extra larges are all sold out. The toddler sizes definitely won't fit, but I do further inquiry to how big is a "junior" size large and discover that a junior size large has a cheast size of 39.5 inches and if I try to inflate my chest to imitate a gorilla I am a wopping 38 inch chest. These jerseys were discounted as close out and I bought a red number "7."

So I embrace numerology again.

I'm still obsessing... Also I know how some of you make fun of my superstitions, but they work for me. LOL. My play on the Asian math stereotype.

Cal
With all the Bitcoin talk lately, which has been crazy in 2017, I thought on how the heck my past HS geeky self didn't discover it back in the late 00's and didn't get some of it. For sure that's been the crazy money maker of the decade.

I've been getting sick of politicians and governments around here so I really don't feel my taxes do lots.
With way too much politics on the streets lately I've been working my foreigner persona. Having a non-local english accent which veers towards american helps.
It's useful to poke fun too. A while ago a couple of drunks asked us something and I answered in my best "Midwest mocking" accent. They stared as if seeing an alien and got away, scared.

Fun you mention NFL apparel. I finally got one of the 80s gold 49ers bomber but it confuses me. Size M, which is like too large in Europe. It is oversized in some dimensions but right in others. Add the puffiness of the era, together with the crazy satin, and it's quite fun looking.
I have to find the occasion to wear it around.

I enjoyed seeing the Cosmopolitan interview and like her presence, specially saying that she shows what she actually is and likes. Instagram people in general are way too calculated in what and how they show off.

Jorde,

Monday I expect delivery of my Jersey. Lucky number "7." Another lunky number for me is the number "13." Thirteen is a number of change and this is why it is thought to be unlucky. Most people like stability.

This kid's large should fit me well. I like the statement it makes, just hope I don't get hassled by some intolerant a-hole. To me the world makes no sense anymore. Brace yourself, but also know it is truely a great time to be a photographer. We live in a historic time of both confusion and struggle.

It seems that Maggie's video is now embedded within text.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a14392875/instagrams-most-fascinating-people/

Cal

I was born on a 7th and 13th has been a kind number to me, specially back in 2015. With all the irony I think it is a lucky number indeed and did bring change to me back then.

Youth large sounds good. I of course couldn't choose as vintage buys are what they are. Fashion is a statement and until now I largely ignored it.
Kind of felt the "quarter life" crisis thing and been more of a myself, feeling and craving youth. The last couple years I got a lot of awareness of how things aren't going well.

Last month there were lots of (peaceful) protests around and I didn't get to go or photograph. Sometimes I think how come I wasn't up for it.
I agree in how the world is messed up. There are some tech advancements which could overturn things a lot, but bring a utopian/dystopian possibility. Like automatization; I don't care if a machine takes our jobs if we could just be professional lazy slackers and have them work for us. Just give me enough to make Polaroids rain. :D

UPDATE: My Jersey delivery seems delayed til Tuesday now.

I'm not worried about myself. I have a big enough bunker to survive, but the rest of the world surely will suffer greatly. While not the 1% I'm close enough to be in the "Protected Class," and that means in the top 20% which I further define as people that have more income than they need.

Cal

Back