Do you shoot B+W or Colour?

Do you shoot B+W or Colour?

• Total voters
TRI-X and T-MAX 400 only for 135, no colour.

T-MAX 100 for 6x6, mostly B&W. But if I shoot color negative, it will be Portra 100 or Reala 100

Votes 50/50. Recently returned to B&W. Reason : reopening old files to scan them and stunned by TMAX100 photo never seriously edited.

Presently my cameras are B&W loaded as standard ; when people is the subject I think is better. I keep colour slides in stock for specific shooting situtation (events, architecture, objects...)

I shoot about 60/40 colour/B&W. So far I like Portra or Ektar for colour. For B&W apart from 1 roll of Tri-X I've just used XP2 & BW400CN. I can't decide which of those I like best, XP2 has a more unique look and the BW400CN seems a touch sharper.

Started on colour. Moved to b+w recently, and dont think Ill ever go back.

The local tesco has stopped developing c41, so goodbye to £0.99 development! I did however just unearth a bunch of slides from last summer. Its made me want to shoot more slide film, so Ill probably make provisions for that on certain occasions. I do still have around 20 rolls of slide, and a bunch of brand new 120 velvia 50 (nicest slide film ever).

Right now, probably 95-99% B&W.

Digitally I shoot raw but I set my digital cameras in B&W mode so that if I stop to review or chimp then I'm seeing my work in B&W.

If I see something that'll only work in colour I've found I'll change the camera settings even though it doesn't change anything about the captured raw file.

In other words, I hardly ever deviate from what I intended for the image when I shot it.

In the summer I'll shoot some colour film but since summer lasts about 1 week here in Scotland it's not a lot of colour shots!

When this thread started, I was probably shooting 100% digital color, mostly for work. Then I got back into film, and that got me interested in photography again, and except for work-related things, it's 100% B&W film now.

Almost exclusively colour. Whenever I see a b&w I get the feeling 80% of what could have been there is missing. I still have a few rolls in stock but once these are gone I won't get any others.

I shoot more B&W with 35mm, I shoot more colour with 120, but I shoot 35mm more so I guess I'm more of a B&W shooter. Digital is always in colour though, but that's because I use digi for work stuff.

Back