ELCAN replica lens posts

I'll start from the end, I loved the spirit of your album, and now I can understand your creative optical rationale.
Although the lens doesn't really matter and I say the same things about the camera. But it is important to understand
and remember that a combination of camera and lens, one that creates an inner physical and mental connection with
them, is the best of all worlds that photographers could hope for.

From the personal aspect, not everyone will be able to spend the tens of thousands of dollars embodied in the price of
an original Elcan lens. But hey, you can get the Chinese LLL Elcan for a fraction of the price - a lens that has all the right
ingredients in its DNA.

*Attached is a photo from my Leica M8, without connection to Elcan, and of course without any hot IR filter on the lens.

L1001344 S3 by Jeri Leibovits, on Flickr

I love to watch street food being prepared. I love street food. It is a festival, a communion and a joy. It is how to get to know the locals and how to indulge in some really good prole food. Prole food rules. ;o) Much of it is wrapped in a pancake of sorts be it shwarma, gyro, taco, burrito, blini, or a nice buckwheat galette with a good French country sausage wrapped into it.

Where are these guys and what are they cooking? It looks like somewhere close to the Mediterranean, where a lot of good food hangs out.

Last edited:
I love to watch street food being prepared. I love street food. It is a festival, a communion and a joy. It is how to get to know the locals and how to indulge in some really good prole food. Prole food rules. ;o) Much of it is wrapped in a pancake of sorts be it shwarma, gyro, taco, burrito, blini, or a nice buckwheat galette with a good French country sausage wrapped into it.

Where are these guys and what are they cooking? It looks like somewhere close to the Mediterranean, where a lot of good food hangs out.
All that a photographer needs to ignite his passion for creation are colors, fragrances and the hustle and bustle of the street. That being said, I find myself connecting with your words in the comment above.
And in answer to your question, the photographed place is OSH-PA-LAO, an Uzbek food restaurant and bar in the greater area of Tel Aviv.

*One last thing. In situations like these, I find the combination between the Leica M8 and the Voigtlander super wide-heliar 15mm f/4.5 to be a match made in heaven. And the same things I can say about the Elcan lens, when it is paired with the Leica M11

L1001333- S2 by Jeri Leibovits, on Flickr

just received my black copy of this tiny lens

I have a weakness for small lenses and the Elcan is no exception, incredibly well built, beautiful, ergonomically perfect for me.
Only limit? the "china" word engraved on the lens -_-'

Attachments

• IMG_2166.jpeg
    IMG_2166.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    957.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2160.jpeg
    IMG_2160.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2163.jpeg