eos-m3...leaked image!

i just noticed the article on canonrumors says that the EVF for the g1x camera will work on the M3. the evf is big and ugly but it's a start. it seems to work through the hotshoe without the need for a separate port.

this is shaping up to be a major update, hopefully the AF was worked on as well.

for me, it's age!
i used to wander around in -40c and now that kills my fingers...it's not the cameras i worry about it's me!

you're getting old... :D

Thank you for replies. I have to wear gloves now due to the age and less blood circulation.

I went from Union to Rogers at Bloor and back today.
Today M4-2 was in trouble and XA did it well, instead of not working well like last time. I think, I figured it out. Polypan F causing troubles in freezing temperatures. It was in XA last time and in Leica today. I should stop buying this dirt cheap film...

Going skiing tonight for one hour.

Sorry, for off topic.

How will the Canon M line integrate with a potential mirrorless full-frame camera from Canon (I'm betting it will happen within the next year or two).

With Canon's resources and deep pockets, its just a matter of time until they are major players in the so called "mirrorless" marketplace.

Ditto for Nikon.

Sony will not likely stay alone as full frame mirrorless king much longer.

Stephen

mmmm.. don't know. when new market is divided, it is. we've seen how hard its been for Microsoft, also with deep pockets, to buy itself into smartphone and mobile app market.

It's looking like a nice upgrade and that means I'll be keeping the M as my primary MLC. Would love to hear about some lens additions. A 50 and 85 equiv on the same level as the current 22 would be nice.

It's looking like a nice upgrade and that means I'll be keeping the M as my primary MLC. Would love to hear about some lens additions. A 50 and 85 equiv on the same level as the current 22 would be nice.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Won't be released in North America. The price is also looking high (in CDN$). 770 euros is just over 1K CDN. Well out of line with the competition. Not that it matters much to me but the camera also appears to be crippled in the video department when compared with the competition.

Ah Canon! Always giving customers just less than what they want.

As those of us that own them know, a great camera. It's only the armchair experts that have never touched an M that have such a negative attitude. In Japan the M and the M2 are highly sought after. I have no doubt the M3 will be equally popular. Shame we won't see it, but I am sure the armchair experts are glad.

Back