finally, a "proper" website..

SimonSawSunlight

Simon Fabel
Local time
5:46 AM
for those interested, i eventually got around to putting this together.

http://www.simonbephotography.com/

i realise that it's not perfect yet, and that some people will hate some things about it and others will love the exact same things, still i am open for suggestions / feedback. some things will get updated or slightly changed over time anyway. :)

thanks for your time and attention!

ps: for those who don't like people looking like savages in their "profile picture", i will try and update it with a more civil looking one if i can get my hands on one of the rare acceptable photos of my mug.

Simon, I like the site a lot. Simple, straight-forward representation of your work. And I like how all the images are strong... nicely edited so that I don't feel like I'm wasting my time wading through a lot of weak images to find the 'keepers'. I think the site will provide good inspiration for anyone thinking of building their own website.

Simplicity, Clean Edge, Informative Menu, B&W & Colour,
and a 'Junku' too .... Splendid !

Congrats ... At Last standing Tall

There is some interesting stuff there. It is good, that you've started. My first impression was one of confusion. It is to be expected, because it is hard to edit your own work, and because you are young, so it is natural, that you are confused. I would try to limit the mixing of images. Wait till you develop a bigger body of work on a theme, and then make it a category, In the meantime, show single photos in a blog, just like I do (www.mondoinbiancoenero.com), write what makes you tick, this can clarify some ideas. On a technical note, I've found many images that were plainly too dark. The world has never been more interesting - brighten them up a bit.

I like the clean design of the page. Do you already have an idea how the site might look with more galleries?

i don't really want to add more at this point. there are plenty of pictures that show some of the different aspects of what i do. but i might change things if i have newer or better projects to add of course. the edits of the galleries as they are now may also be changed, i am not sure if i am happy with the istanbul series, for instance.

website

website

one feature i enjoy is how on the home page, when you scroll over an image, information comes up. seems like this could be an interesting feature on all images as a way to show title, date, dimensions, etc etc.

are you using wordpress, and one of their themes?

beautiful images.

Really nice Simon, clean and simple as it should be, great images, and the best I've seen them displayed and nice to see a broader selection. Nothing that looked too dark to me on my iPad. So must be Mfogiels preference for lighter and brighter.

I like Gezi Park Protests and Punctum series.

Great effort Simon. Keep going.
Looking forward to more.
Your web page has been bookmarked by ME!

Nice, clean and crisp website. Easy to navigate and populated with top notch documentary photography. Great stuff. I put a link to it on my Links page on my website. Excellent work, Simon.

Back