Finally! Nokton 50/1.5 in M-mount

So this is where I've been for the last year (for those that care/remember older posts). Working, family, and absorbed back into old school hondas. This one's finally 100% again. We swapped in a JDM ITR powerplant into this little hatch over the winter last year and spent this year tuning and getting everything 100%. The little car does great and can beat up on the majority of the modern day hot hatches. Very fun little car.

Shot these with the M240 and used the Voigtlander 50mm F1.5

48936397947_1a8f6c5bbc_b.jpg

48936209471_937dc170ef_b.jpg

48935662853_03e9c86f41_b.jpg

Nice to hear from you.
Looks like collector car, not something I would drive in to/from Toronto.
I wouldn't even fit in. :)

I drive it downtown a decent amount. It's not very fun in traffic. The car likes to stretch it's legs. You'd be surprised about how much space is inside though.

The lack of safety: side curtain air bags, A,B or C pillar airbags or airbags in general make it quite spacious inside considering the physical size of the outside of the car.

It's just a death trap which adds to the excitement.

Welcome back. Nice to hear from you.

I had a couple Nissan NX2000s back in the day. Would love to do something similar as I always regretted getting rid of them but once my kids came on the scene had to get something practical.

Now that the car is done it is time to dust off that M5 :)

When I see the pictures on this thread, I always think: Wwhat a beautiful pictures!! It seems this lens shines... and I looking for a 50mm for my M5...

So this is where I've been for the last year (for those that care/remember older posts). Working, family, and absorbed back into old school hondas. This one's finally 100% again. We swapped in a JDM ITR powerplant into this little hatch over the winter last year and spent this year tuning and getting everything 100%. The little car does great and can beat up on the majority of the modern day hot hatches. Very fun little car.

EF9 are a stellar car. I've always been an ae86 guy but I've always lusted after one of these. B16a in that one?

I have the 50 ZM Planar and I like it but I wanted something faster + something with a more classic / less modern rendering. For my 35's I have the CV Nokton Classic and the C-biogon and I'd like to have a similar pair for the 50mm FL.

I've been considering this lens as well as the c-sonnar 50/1.5 as my fast 50.

I've been reading reviews and this is what I've got:
- The Nokton is quite similar to the Non-ASPH 50 'Lux
- At 1.5 is has a more classic look and at smaller apertures, a modern look

Wanted to ask the owners here their views if I can consider this lens less modern / more classic than the 50ZM especially when shot at 1.5.

Thanks!

I have the 50 ZM Planar and I like it but I wanted something faster + something with a more classic / less modern rendering. For my 35's I have the CV Nokton Classic and the C-biogon and I'd like to have a similar pair for the 50mm FL.

I've been considering this lens as well as the c-sonnar 50/1.5 as my fast 50.

I've been reading reviews and this is what I've got:
- The Nokton is quite similar to the Non-ASPH 50 'Lux
- At 1.5 is has a more classic look and at smaller apertures, a modern look

Wanted to ask the owners here their views if I can consider this lens less modern / more classic than the 50ZM especially when shot at 1.5.

I haven't shot it enough to be definitive on this but I'd say the Nokton doesn't really change character between wide open and stopped down. At f1.5 the Nokton it is still sharp (at the focus point), maintains the same colors and really contrast but adds some glow on highlights and vignetting along with the obvious loss of DOF.

Can't compare to the current Zeiss 50mm Sonnar at 1.5 but compared to a post war Zeiss 50mm f1.5 Sonnar the Zeiss changes character dramatically more between 1.5 and stopped down. It is pretty dreamy at 1.5 and that goes away as it is stopped down.

Shawn

EF9 are a stellar car. I've always been an ae86 guy but I've always lusted after one of these. B16a in that one?

Wow late to the reply. My car is Type R swapped, jdm B18c from a 96 integra type R. Currently rebuilding the engine. Once dyno'ed I'll expect over 200whp.

Back