First Leica X2 review

It's an upgrade, but just not enough to make me sell my X1 with optical viewfinder to get this. In that sense, it's all minor. But I think it's enough to stay in the compact market for those new to it. It still is a very attractive aps-c compact with great IQ.

Cannot disagree there.:)

The fact that no major changes occurred says something about filling the gap between the X1/2 (X series?) and the M-body digital cameras with something else in the near future. I am betting on a mini-M.

Looks like Thorsten Overgaard hinted about that too. Leica M as basis for various products, including a kind of digital CL. Would be very interested in that.

Yes, I would too. When I mentioned this from a year or so ago, I was shouted down as some type of lunatic but it only makes sense. There is a lot of fertile ground for Leica to plow and I have a feeling that is what they have been up to for some time now.:angel:

The X2 and M9M are just ways of stretching R&D that has already been paid for back in 08 and 09, and maybe even earlier. The only really 'new' product from yesterday is the 50/2 APO.

Back