FOMAPAN 100, image samples

I used some outdated Fomapan 100 120 size in my 1950's British 'Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model I + 75mm f4.5 ENSAR lens on a walkabout in Admiral's Park, CHELMSFORD Essex England and processed in my Home-Made 2-bath developer. There was some fog level in the rebates but I managed to get some darkroom Prints out on some old Ilfobrom Glossy Grade 2 S/W 7x5" with my Durst M601 enlarger and scanned them
2023-10-12-0001.jpg2023-10-12-0002.jpg

I have developed 2 rolls of Fomapan 100 - 120. In almost all of the photos I have a greenish colour generally in the bottom of the photo. I developed in Ilford Ilfosol 3. Any thoughts?

I have developed 2 rolls of Fomapan 100 - 120. In almost all of the photos I have a greenish colour generally in the bottom of the photo. I developed in Ilford Ilfosol 3. Any thoughts?
Show us a photo of the negs. A mobile phone photo against a white computer screen is fine.

My first thought is that you didn't prewash enough.

The prewash on 120 rolls of Fomapan comes out a strong jade green colour. It sounds like some of that was left in.

LT231107.jpg

Leica IIIg, Summicron, fresh Fomapan 100 Classic loaded from a bulk roll.
HC-110, E, 8min, 20C, 1 inversion every 30 seconds.

Do a tempering/pre-wash for a minute with plain water before you develop. Your water will come out green. It is the anti-halation layer washing off.

Here you can see the green in the foreground. I am about to finish another roll and will do a long pre-wash and see how I go.
IMG_5087.jpg

I agree with the others here. Fomapan's anti-halation layer is a similar colour to Martian snot. I develop infrequently enough to have always forgotten just how GREEN!!! it is by the next time.

Back