For anyone who is a member of Facebook

I would check out the pimped out Fuji cameras if they were on Instagram or Flickr. I don't do Facebook anymore. It had it's purpose at one time for me.

No Facebook for me. It was very strongly suggested I avoid it and all other similar social networking platforms (due to my job and profession). RFF is the most "social networking" I do. I hope RFF hasn't leaked my photo interest information to some shady political thinktank :p. Perhaps soon I will start receiving targeted ads for large-format developing tanks or high-speed 50mm lenses :eek:

I think its possible to visit Facebook pages of others even if you don't have a Facebook account? Not sure because its highly discouraged for me so I don't attempt it. However, I've seen others do it. Perhaps the page(s) is limited if you're not a FB member? Maybe folks can still visit the Fun Fuji Facebook Page even without a FB account?

Regarding the OP. I think its a fun idea to have a site to share "pimped out" Fujis. That's an idea many here at RFF can understand :) However, the only Fuji I have is a lovely old Fujica 35EE, a Fuji LF lens, and many rolls of Fuji film (mostly 135). None of these are "pimped out".

Greetings. For anyone who is a member of Facebook, I created a new FB group called "Pimped-out Fujifilm-X" because I thought it would be a great place for us Fuji lovers to post images of how we have accessorized our beloved Fuji gear. Since my switch to Fuji about 4 years ago, I am always looking at ways to improve the usability (and looks) of my gear. I have found sporadic posts all over the internet that depict how others have.[/URL]
You mean other than taping over the name and model number?

Suggest turning off "Platform" in your Facebook settings. Much data is already "out" and can't be retrieved, but it gradually goes stale. Turning off "Platform" guards against the kind of thing that created the current mess by turning off "Apps."

Here's the instruction page.

My girlfriend and I have been trying to delete her facebook account for ages, and so far nothing works. Facebook is evil. I can't stand that oh-so-smug owner of theirs.

When I opened my Facebook account I put false information about myself in hopes of fooling anyone who might want to use it. I periodically change it as well and honestly only use it as a platform to show an occasional vintage photo. I feel it's a huge waste of time and only get on there three or four times a year.

I agree, it's evil and a huge waste of time. I don't have a twitter or any other social media account and feel the same about them.

Never been so happy that I never joined FB, What's App and Instagram.
I do not believe in their way to do...
robert
PS: of course I know other companies can profile you...

I add that I do not like when together with other people, for instance a dinner with a group of friends they take a photo of me to throw it with tagging (name) on FB . Unfortunately it's a common behavior...still I do not like to be on somebody else FB with tagging, name, place, date, etc

I know, I'm very antisocial ;)

robert

I add that I do not like when together with other people, for instance a dinner with a group of friends they take a photo of me to throw it with tagging (name) on FB .

I don't like that either. If you're a FB member (IE, if the FB software recognizes your face), it'll tag you automatically even if the other person doesn't. That's just creepy. Fortunately, if you've never been a member there their software doesn't recognize you so it can't tag you.

I find FB very useful and informative.

Keeps me in regular touch with friends and family and allows me to distribute pictures to a wide number of people easily and quickly.

Keeps me up to date with events and schedules in the equestrian world which would be virtually impossible to do if FB didn`t exist.

In short its pretty fundamental to the way I operate .

I`m rarely tagged in a photo and I`ve never felt the need to advertise my location at any given moment so I don`t feel that there`s a problem.

As regards data mining I`ve always avoided those mock analytical tests which pop up from time to time .... always seen them for what they are.

If you don`t find a use for it there`s no reason to be on it but ,to be honest, I do find it hard to understand the depth of antipathy.

I think a lot of it as far as the media is concerned may be politically motivated.

I used Facebook in the early years to stay in contact with family primarily and with some friends. I mostly shared photos of my kids doing all the things they did. But as our kids grew older, and family and friends kids did as well, I saw less photos of the kids and instead more shares of memes. ugh...

No not missing the point at all
I think that if you consider those outputs have arisen simply because of data mining rather you have missed the point .

You have though rather confirmed mine .

sorry for derailing your thread, silentp! i'd join the group if i wasn't deleting facebook at the end of the month.

I enjoy Facebook and I don’t worry about what they do with stuff I post.

There are a lot of places I could cull information about many topics, including most people, without Facebook.

If you are going to be on the internet, you have exposure and you have history on servers in many places. Even if you’re not on the internet, somebody, someone has done a task with your name on it and it’s being electronically stored.

I’m not doing anything illegal or trying to procure information on certain people, trying to use it for gain of various sorts.

It would be awfully hard to be absent from the intenet, unless you live in ways that you don’t get involved with anyone anywhere. You just gotta proceed with caution, trying not to get duped.

Live like a hermit. That’s not for me.

Keeps me in regular touch with friends and family and allows me to distribute pictures to a wide number of people easily and quickly.

Keeps me up to date with events and schedules in the equestrian world which would be virtually impossible to do if FB didn`t exist.

I`m rarely tagged in a photo and I`ve never felt the need to advertise my location at any given moment so I don`t feel that there`s a problem.

As regards data mining I`ve always avoided those mock analytical tests which pop up from time to time .... always seen them for what they are.

If you don`t find a use for it there`s no reason to be on it but ,to be honest, I do find it hard to understand the depth of antipathy.

I think a lot of it as far as the media is concerned may be politically motivated.
Ditto to all the above... In short, Facebook benefits my social life and interests rather than detracts!

Regarding privacy, just use common sense!

I agree totally here also. The data mining wasn't a deliberate act of subversion on facebook's part, more to do with an app developer who managed to bypass the system and fb has admitted it's error and is making changes.

And people who jump into the kitschy surveys and questionnaires that are there need to be aware of what their intention actually is. The instant you do those things they install an app into your profile which if you understand the way facebook works can be deleted manually straight away.

Facebook is part of the problem here but not the whole problem.

It may of helped , I don`t have a problem with that or the outcome but I don`t think it was significant.
There were far bigger factors at play.

Back