For less than $2K, you can have a prototype Leica M with a Summaron lens

I just dont understand this seller, admits it is a Fed camera, but still wants $2000 for it. I guess fake engraving is not cheap!

I was going to suggest $19.99, thinking it a typo...

But Wait!

50mm F1.1 Leica M-Mount lens.... UNBRANDED! 7 element in 6 group, 52mm filters. Under $240.

It uses an indexed Cam! Usually required when a lens is not 51.6mm. Big index on the cam.

I just dont understand this seller, admits it is a Fed camera, but still wants $2000 for it. I guess fake engraving is not cheap!
I´ve never seen one like that .... at least it is seemingly rare. Maybe not $1999 rare, but ... it is strange that it is so blatant. Or am I an idiot and some dude just put all of that Leica stuff on the camera (meaning not in a factory)?

I was going to suggest $19.99, thinking it a typo...

But Wait!

50mm F1.1 Leica M-Mount lens.... UNBRANDED! 7 element in 6 group, 52mm filters. Under $240.

It uses an indexed Cam! Usually required when a lens is not 51.6mm. Big index on the cam.
Is this from the same factory where the famous LLL “Zhou YeShen” noctilux 50mm f1.2 was made?

Last edited:
:LOL: I love this. At least there’s full disclosure: “I have no idea how the Leica/Leitz labels appeared on the camera”…

1706137330297.png

Is this from the same factory where the famous LLL “Zhou YeShen” noctilux 50mm f1.2 was made?
This is a Syoptic 50mm f1.1, also known as the v1 Mr Ding 50mm f1.1 (somewhere described as ‘the no topic killer’) They’re generally fine and available on AliE for around £150 now - they were a bit more but it’s been replaced by the v2 Mr Ding Noxlux, which is still at a more normal price for a Chinese lens.

In an accidental set of occurrences, I’ve got a couple of the v1s. They both have a bit of front focus wide open that is eliminated by focus shift by f2.8. Stick or twist? (My C-Sonnar is calibrated wide open so I tweak the focus slightly closer if shooting stopped down.)

If I ever have time I’ll properly compare, but reality means I’ll form impressions over time by shooting them and absorbing what the prints look like.

I think these lenses fulfill a few functions - most of which can be summed up as costing less than a Leica/Zeiss/Voigtlander:

- they’re fun
- they’re fast and cheap if you want something for occasional low light
- they’re perfectly good enough to make nice pictures (because content and vision are more important than the lens!) and are affordable for many photographers who might stretch to an M4 but can’t then add a Summilux or Summicron and actually want to shoot
- anything else that you can think of!

This is a Syoptic 50mm f1.1, also known as the v1 Mr Ding 50mm f1.1 (somewhere described as ‘the no topic killer’) They’re generally fine and available on AliE for around £150 now - they were a bit more but it’s been replaced by the v2 Mr Ding Noxlux, which is still at a more normal price for a Chinese lens.

In an accidental set of occurrences, I’ve got a couple of the v1s. They both have a bit of front focus wide open that is eliminated by focus shift by f2.8. Stick or twist? (My C-Sonnar is calibrated wide open so I tweak the focus slightly closer if shooting stopped down.)

If I ever have time I’ll properly compare, but reality means I’ll form impressions over time by shooting them and absorbing what the prints look like.

I think these lenses fulfill a few functions - most of which can be summed up as costing less than a Leica/Zeiss/Voigtlander:

- they’re fun
- they’re fast and cheap if you want something for occasional low light
- they’re perfectly good enough to make nice pictures (because content and vision are more important than the lens!) and are affordable for many photographers who might stretch to an M4 but can’t then add a Summilux or Summicron and actually want to shoot
- anything else that you can think of!
I believe you are correct, and the specs in the Ad for 7/6 formula and 12 blades is wrong. The Syoptic is an 8 element lens. The 52mm filter ties it in.

I believe you are correct, and the specs in the Ad for 7/6 formula and 12 blades is wrong. The Syoptic is an 8 element lens. The 52mm filter ties it in.
Actually kind of interesting if it were what I was looking for but I don't really find myself enjoying super-speed lenses much & for just a little more (I looked after that other thread ;) ) I could get another copy of a Canon 35/1.8 again. Now _that_ I'd find far more fun to have around :ninja:

Back