• Lens 1

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Lens 2

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Lens 3

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Lens 4

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • I can't really see much of a difference!

Votes: 24 22.9%

• Total voters

Nigel Meaby

Well-known
Local time
6:51 AM
Leicashot was asking to see a comparison between the C-Biogon and Ver2 35/1.2 Nokton @2.8 yesterday, so I've taken a shot with both of these plus 35 Summarit and 35 Summilux Pre Asph. Nothing very scientific here Just a bit of fun! Extra brownie points if you can work out which lens is which :D

These are all converted to Jpeg in Capture One with no adjustments or sharpening.

EmptyName 1 by Redsnapper41, on Flickr

EmptyName 2 by Redsnapper41, on Flickr

EmptyName 3 by Redsnapper41, on Flickr

EmptyName 4 by Redsnapper41, on Flickr

EDIT:
The results are:

1. C Biogon
2. Summilux pre
3. Summarit
4. Nokton 35 1.2 ver 2

Last edited:
I can notice subtle differences but honestly can't say I prefer one over another.

#4 stands out the most with richer colour.
#3 seems a bit washed out/more exposed than the others.

The light did change a little between shots and I didn't change the shutter speed so exposure might not be spot on, on all of them. With adjustments they may come closer together.

I should say the order I've named the lenses in the first post bears no resemblance to the order in the pictures. I listed them randomly.

If I had to guess, based on looking at these on my phone. Haha
I'd say...
1 is the summilux
2 is the biogon
3 is the summarit
4 is the nokton

the 1. of the 4 is always darker (like it would be stopped down a bit more) what makes the sky look a bit better. The differences are subtle - I find it hard to choose one over the others.

But you can borrow me the M9 together will all 4 for a week or two and I will gladly let you know my preferences then ;)

I honestly can't decide which one I like the most. They are very similar...

My guess:

1: biogon
2: summilux
3: summarit
4: nokton

EDIT: oops too slow -.-

the 1. of the 4 is always darker (like it would be stopped down a bit more) what makes the sky look a bit better. The differences are subtle - I find it hard to choose one over the others.

But you can borrow me the M9 together will all 4 for a week or two and I will gladly let you know my preferences then ;)

The light was changing, subtly and I left the shutter speed the same so that may account for the darker sky. I tried to change lenses as quick as possible but the wind was blowing so I was careful not to get sand anywhere near my equipment. With a bit of post processing I'm sure all four could be made to look virtually the same. Interesting to see which lens is getting the most votes so far and vice versa :D It will be interesting to see how/if the voting changes when people know which lens is which. ;)

Tricky, but I would guess:

1 - Nokton
2 - Summarit
3 - Zeiss
4 - Lux pre asph

But then again the second series of shots suggest the ZM is #2 as the highlights are blown. Oddly the shadows have more detail than some of the others which is not what I normally see in ZM negs. They normally have less.

Last edited:
Back