• Lens 1

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Lens 2

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Lens 3

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Lens 4

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • I can't really see much of a difference!

Votes: 24 22.9%

• Total voters
Michael, all I can say is that my experience and the zeiss mtf charts suggest the biogon 35/2 at f2 will not resolve fine detail as well as at f2.8. the f2 biogon at f2.8 very closely approximates the resolution of the c-biogon at f2.8. Either lens is excellent. If Kristian says the nokton 35/1.2 at f2 is superior to the biogon 35/2 at f2, that would be the only aperture where it would not be likely to surprise me.

Re the m-hex 35 and the zm 35s, I never had the opportunity to shoot them together on my digital M and doing comparisons on different capture media wouldn't be useful. Would like to do so but I sold my m-hex to a most pleasant gentleman & photographer ... :)

Best to you and the family!

Well, I don't know about current ownership, but your ex-Hex is feeling great, and shows that she got the best treatment by the former one :D

No love for the Lux v2? I like the lower contrast, though I wish it was a bit sharper in resolution in the center (I care less about the corners).
The other 3 lenses look much more similar to my eye: but I have never shot with them, only read about them.
I still think that converting these colors images to B&W would prove to be more fodder for us to chew on. And lets remember these are all at f2.8, so the f1.2 of the Nokton isnt in the spotlight, as it o/w might be. As far as the Nokton mopping, or sweepin, or whatever, Mr/Mrs Nokton can come over anytime to clean my floor, Lord knows I'm tired of doing it.

Last edited:
Hi Gary. I'm going to do a Black and White film comparison when I get a chance rather than converting digital files to B&W. I think it will give a more accurate result to indicate the difference in rendering.
The reason for F2.8 being used was because Leicashot wished to see a comparison of the Nokton and C-Biogon @f2.8. I added the other two lenses into the mix as I had them at my disposal. I don't normally get into these sort of comparisons as the differences are so small in real life use as to not really matter all that much. Any one of these lenses is more than good enough. But it's interesting to see the subtle differences.

I'll start a new thread with the Black and White images

Back