FTn Paint

Yikes.....brassed Nikkormats are very very cool and with a new covering I would def keep it!! As for non AIS lenses I use them on my 3 Nikkormats and love the results. Except for my 105 I can't really see the difference.

They look rather cool with some brassing on them ! I'd suggest to keep them as what they are now.

Save the trouble and spend the time on bringing them out for a walk !

Just got back my Ftn that had been on long-term loan to my brother ("let me borrow it for a couple of weeks...now 27 years later) & it's really brassed badly & needs a new cover. I'll get the cover from Cameraleather, but have never painted a camera. Has anyone? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance. I'll post pictures when/if I get it done.

So, what did you decide? If it were me and I had the money and I wanted to hire someone to paint, nothing would stop me. A new paint job and cover and it would be a joy to use. It is your money after all, not ours, so do what YOU want to do.

Personally, I think you could find a near mint FTn for not much money and have two for far less but then it wouldn't be the nice one you would have had painted after so many years. The emotional attachment should not necessarily be dismissed.;)

"Amen" to the emotional attachment. Even though it's worn, it's my first Nikon. I happen to love the non-Ai lenses. Unfortunately bro kept my 50mm f1.2! I've decided to recover it & see if the brassing bothers me. Thanks for all your advice. I can always count on you guys for thoughtful insight.

Back