Fuji GFX R- Very subjective first impressions

A few more with this outstanding rig.

DSCF0157.JPG

DSCF0192.JPG

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
DSCF0167.JPG

Fujifilm GFX 50R, Fujinon GF 63mm f2.8 R WR lens
Astia film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - August 2020

All the best,
Mike

Mike, These are really nice photos. And your shots of Yokohama are lovely and I always spend time there every year on my way to Enoshima. From there I would walk along the beach until I get to Hayama.

Have you tried manual focusing? The GFX 100 is a blast to focus and am wondering if the 50R EVF is as good for old eyes.

Mike, These are really nice photos. And your shots of Yokohama are lovely and I always spend time there every year on my way to Enoshima. From there I would walk along the beach until I get to Hayama.

Have you tried manual focusing? The GFX 100 is a blast to focus and am wondering if the 50R EVF is as good for old eyes.

Thanks, Ray, it’s kind of you to say so. Yokohama is such a wonderful city; it’s a photographer's dream come true!

Walking from Enoshima to Hayama is a pretty healthy walk. There was a time when walking that route was faster than driving it. However, in the past few years they’ve widened the road and made some other improvements that have helped speed things up for motorists.

I haven't messed around with manual focus on the GFX 50R much yet but I’ll play around with it and let you know what I think.

All the best,
Mike

I can't seem to get the critical focus I want with OVF's on the Pentax 645D and the Pentax K-1, without constantly checking and readjusting. This was also true of the Leica M8 and Leica DMR. So this was one of the reasons I held off on the 645Z. I am truing my first EVF with a Fuji X-E2 and if that works then getting a Fuji GFX 50R or S. Any thoughts on which one has the better EVF?
Steve - NYC

I finally managed to try one of these a few weeks ago, and well, yes, I can understand the comments about the build - it feels unsubstantial given its price point. I don't think it is about the weight per se, after all the Leica T is not heavy but you certainly have the sense its a substantial piece of kit.

And now Fuji are discontinuing the GFX R, and no suggestion of a Mark II, so I am feeling conflicted; I love the form factor, just not sure it's done quite enough to justify spending £3k...

I just bought one and I love it. Feels great and I’m happy I bought it. I’m not interested in the newer S models and now that the R was discontinued and no rumors are around about a replacement… I’m extremely happy about buying it.

Back