• I'm like it, but its too expensive. Maybe used in the future

Votes: 52 15.3%
  • I read about it, but I don't plan on owning it

Votes: 83 24.5%
  • The Fuji, what? Haven't heard of it

Votes: 12 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will go with the XPro or OMD, haven't decided yet. I have sold my DSLR and lens kit though, so I am primed to get one of these two.

I'm pretty well set on an XPro over the OM-D. I'm on a local waiting list, but I'll likely hold off until stock is steady and LR3 supports the camera.

I have the X-Pro 1 on order but I am concerned about image sharpness. Any views on that? The images I have seen online look a little soft.

I've only seen one set that looked soft, and that appears to be a combination of zero sharpness in the jpeg settings and a lot of blown focus.

The 35/1.4 appears to be tack sharp and the 18/2 sharper than I expected. The latter was what had me nervous (why buy into a new system without a usable wide angle for now?), but the 18mm looks good.

Pleased with X100.
Dismissed already the OM-D just looking at it. And wouldn't 4/3 after experiencing APS-C.
Only some major misconception of the aperture stop down mechanism and viewfinder brightness consequence and how that is handled would put me off. Hard to see them buggering up anything, actually. Won't bother with adapters: 28, 50, 90 are ideal for me. Might as well pre-order, but I'll just have a look and consult my advisers.

Will wait to see how initial units test; also interested in the M-adapter. But if these things check out, I am in. Love the high ISO samples I have seen so far.

Ben Marks

i am very interested in the xpro but can't really afford it without selling my current kit...and i'm not sure about doing that.

I got my preorder on Amazon, hoping it would arrive before I leave for vacation on Mar 23. I love my D700 and its high-ISO capabilities for travel, but I wouldn't mind a lighter package with similar high-ISO quality. And once the M-adaptor is available, I'm definitely getting that.

Wasn't going to buy it anyway....

Wasn't going to buy it anyway....

But the OM-D (EM5) came out just in time to prevent me from following the masses.

I have been a strong advocate of both Fuji(ca) and Olympus for many many years, but I am a little shocked by Fuji's overpricing strategy beginning with the GF670 folder. Am I missing something. It appears to me the Olympus models offer a an overall better feature set than the Fuji's for less money. And the lesser price is NOT a reflection of lesser quality, in my opinion.

I did not expect the retro look of the OM-D, but I have been waiting for these specs for a while. The fact that is looks like my old OM camera's and is only 1 centimeter less in length than the original OM-1 is a nice touch for me.

The GF670 is only $1700 new. That seems reasonable for a niche rangefinder with lens included. The XP1 and 35/1.4 costs the same amount as a NEX-7/24mm combo and you get a unique OVF to boot.

The products are expensive, no doubt, but I don't see them as out of line.

The OM-D has a smaller sensor and no OVF. It's also taking some flak for being twice the price of a very similar Panny G3.

I've ordered one. I have been very happy with my X100, so adding the X Pro doesn't feel like much of a risk.

I think Fuji's pricing is aggressive, but so are a lot of other camera makers'. The GF670's pricing is keyed off the used prices for Plaubel Makina 67s. I'm not in the market for a Makina 67, but if I was, I'd buy the Fuji brand new rather than spending $1400 for a 25-year-old camera.

I pre-ordered, but may not go through with it depending on the samples that i see. X-100 may be just as good for me.

I'll wait to see reviews
happy.gif

I'd be more interested, but i'm worried the focus system will be like the X100s.. which isn't bad, but isn't great in a lot of situations. I know mine frustrates me sometimes and has made me curse on many occasions.

There was a demo model at the local Kitamura, I'd love to get one but the price is just too high for me at the moment.

I really like it. But I've made a decision to spend the next year using my Hexar AF; if I process and scan that will be less than the depreciation on a digital. And I want to see some good options introduced for MF, so it's as practical as the Ricoh, and see how good the AF is in practice.

Yet I like the look of Fuji lenses and suspect it's only a matter of time.

Back