• I'm like it, but its too expensive. Maybe used in the future

Votes: 52 15.3%
  • I read about it, but I don't plan on owning it

Votes: 83 24.5%
  • The Fuji, what? Haven't heard of it

Votes: 12 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I finally got a play with a working unit of the x-pro1 and 35mm lens. First impression that I just can't seem to shake - I'm 99.8% sure that my x100 is faster focusing. Like... noticeably faster. Please someone tell me the unit I was using was faulty or something...

I have them both here, I think the 18mm is faster than the 35mm and the x100 is somewhere in between.

In MF the ring on the 35 is better than the x100 (faster, less laggy, less jumpy) and the 18 is much better. Almost usable :D

BTW the lens pouch looks like it's made for the x100 :p

i-SbPpwj2-M.jpg

I have them both here, I think the 18mm is faster than the 35mm and the x100 is somewhere in between.

In MF the ring on the 35 is better than the x100 (faster, less laggy, less jumpy) and the 18 is much better. Almost usable :D

BTW the lens pouch looks like it's made for the x100 :p

i-SbPpwj2-M.jpg

Interesting - glad you got yours! I suppose that it would make sense that the 35mm would be slower, being f1.4 would mean it would have a longer focus draw and the AF system would need to be more precise...

BTW Spyro I would love to see some photos/impressions from you on the x-pro1!

BTW Spyro I would love to see some photos/impressions from you on the x-pro1!

here's one from today, but maybe we should start a thread?

* by _Pachinko_, on Flickr

As for the camera, what can I say, I like :)
It reminds me a lot of my ZM, it's about the same size, weight and build quality, only quieter. Shot it side by side with a friend and his M9 and it's a bit quieter than that too. It definitely feels japanese but one of the better ones, more Lexus than Corolla sort of thing :D
Curious to see how it ages, I'm a bit rough with my gear.

For everything else like IQ and high ISO I'm probably not the best person to comment, as I would buy this camera even if it was 5mp and maxed at ISO400. To me the biggest attractions are the things I knew since it was announced, the decent OVF, intuitive ergonomics and most of all the ability to quickly check for viewing parallax through the evf with a flick of a switch. I have missed countless photos with RFs because of this, for example in the photo above, her eyes (which was the whole point of the photo and I was waiting for her to notice me) would possibly be half hidden under the counter because of the lens being lower than the VF. Dont know if that makes sense to anybody else but to me it's a big deal.
As for the rest of the camera... whatever, I'm easy.

Back