• I'm like it, but its too expensive. Maybe used in the future

Votes: 52 15.3%
  • I read about it, but I don't plan on owning it

Votes: 83 24.5%
  • The Fuji, what? Haven't heard of it

Votes: 12 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've now got my X-Pro1 & 35mm lens home and I've put the battery on charge. It's going with me tomorrow on holiday do it's going to be a steep learning curve this weekend. I must say Fujifilm have excelled themselves with this camera. It looks like a real camera, feels like a real camera and the way it was boxed, was like opening an Apple product and a Leica camera. It's lighter than the M9 but in a good way. The only thing I can see that might cause problems is with the lens f-Stop ring - it seems a little easy to move away from the auto point so it'll be something I'll need to watch. I can see what people were saying about the lens hood rubber end cap: a little to loose I think but, again, I'll see how it goes in use. A nice touch is the inclusion of the small tool to open the ends of the rings saving many hours and fingernails being wasted! And the leather strap and ring covers are just great. Impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Damn, Canada beat the US with stock? Happened with the X100 too.

If it comes by ship... well, Vancouver does have the west coast's largest port and is closer to Japan. Much of what lands here gets immediately sent across the border to the U.S.; not sure what Fujifilm does.

The US market is so much larger than any other market at this time, Fuji would be very careful not to release there until all the pieces are in place.

There is that, but then there is also the risk of annoying your largest market by delaying so long. If Zimbabwe gets the X-Pro1 before the US, look for a riot.

If it comes by ship... well, Vancouver does have the west coast's largest port and is closer to Japan. Much of what lands here gets immediately sent across the border to the U.S.; not sure what Fujifilm does.

True, I always assumed they were coming to the US from the other direction.

nope, went to a store in Helsinki today, held it in my hands... looks nice, but too light and "plastic". back home now, holding M6 - day and night...

I got the full set (body and all three lenses) yesterday - haven't opened up the 60mm so I can exchange it if I have a change of heart but I'll be taking the body and the other two lenses for a spin in Cambridge tomorrow morning. Hope to be able to start an X-Pro 1 images thread some time tomorrow afternoon unless someone beats me to it!

I'm quite impressed so far - the camera is very easy to set up if you're an X100 user, but the controls are easier to use because there's more space on the body. In lots of ways it reminds me of a Contax G2 in shape and design, but without that "hewn from solid" feel. The camera is light but the paint finish is gorgeous. Shutter sound is lovely - soft and quiet, vastly less obtrusive than the M8 "staple gun" - like a kiss.

Weight to me is about right - it's not a Leica but none the worse for that, and the lenses are very light indeed. They've been quite clever (if people like us are the target market) in adopting the classic rangefinder design cues with the square lens hoods etc., but holding the lenses next to my Elmarit 28mm they're chalk and cheese in feel and solidity - I don't have any problem with that but if you're a hard core Leica traditionalist you probably will. The aperture rings feel as light and plasticy as people have said, but I'm pleased enough just to have one on a modern camera.

More tomorrow!

Got a call from Vistek just before closing tonight to say mine is in. I just ordered the 35 1.4 and will wait for the M mount so I can use my RF glass. They had thought I'd be waiting till April. Fuji must have shipped a good percentage of the orders right off of the bat. May have to drive into TO tomorrow to pick it up. Hehehe...

Anyone who preordered from Adorama or B&H better hope that the Fuji arrives soon because both are closed for passover April 6th - 15th.

Canned my OM-D order, X-Pro1 should be on the way shortly. Kinda excited about it actually! Should look cool with my black G2s as an added kicker.

Got mine in Vancouver, local dealer. They got 4, two were spoken for, at least in that store.

I shot this evening a party and like it. Battery was half charged out of the box.

Very cool to see the slow but steady dissemination of these cameras. I'm willing to bet that the US orders will be filled on time.

Canned my OM-D order, X-Pro1 should be on the way shortly. Kinda excited about it actually! Should look cool with my black G2s as an added kicker.

That's because it IS exciting!

It would look cool with just about ANY of those fun cameras in your signature!

Hi everyone

I've had my X-Pro1 (and 18mm lens) for ten days now and have posted some initial images and thoughts here:

http://douglasmccarthy.me/2012/03/diary-of-a-x-pro1-user/

I have also added links, at the bottom of page, to the most useful online X-Pro1 reviews and samples I've found.

Early days but I'm very much enjoying the camera so far. Here's a sample jpeg (1/30 sec at f/4, ISO 400, film simulation mode: black and white with yellow filter):

dmc_20120318_woolwich_1284.jpg

Back