Votes: 52 15.3%
  • I read about it, but I don't plan on owning it

Votes: 83 24.5%
  • The Fuji, what? Haven't heard of it

Votes: 12 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nice one
I wonder what it would look like if you moved a bit to the left and completely hid the exit behind that pillar. It would also give you a cleaner composition (avoid the overlapping with the left ceiling light). But I like it as is too.

BTW this is the kind of usability that made me love my x100 and I know will help me love my XP1 (when I finally get it)...
unsure if my composition details work because of viewing parallax? Switch to EVF momentarily and have a look through the lens :)

nice one
I wonder what it would look like if you moved a bit to the left and completely hid the exit behind that pillar. It would also give you a cleaner composition (avoid the overlapping with the left ceiling light). But I like it as is too.

BTW this is the kind of usability that made me love my x100 and I know will help me love my XP1 (when I finally get it)...
unsure if my composition details work because of viewing parallax? Switch to EVF momentarily and have a look through the lens :)

Hi Spyro

I was back at the scene today with a tripod and I used the EVF for framing and assessment, which was tremendously handy. Here's another version:

dmc_20120325_thamesbarrier_0016.jpg

I have some other new material so I think I'll start a new thread.

Canned my OM-D order, X-Pro1 should be on the way shortly. Kinda excited about it actually! Should look cool with my black G2s as an added kicker.

Kent,

I saw your post on G+ that you broke down. So it took OM-D's place huh? Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the X-Pro1.

I still have my OM-D order in place, and thought it would complement my M8.2 as M8 has cons of rangefinder cam (long min. Focus, MF etc). It seems X-Pro1's lenses can get fairly close (18cm or 28cm), and I can share the M lenses with it via adapter. Of course I can do the same with OM-D, but 2x crop factor will cut of lot of image circle...

Kent,

I saw your post on G+ that you broke down. So it took OM-D's place huh? Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the X-Pro1.

I still have my OM-D order in place, and thought it would complement my M8.2 as M8 has cons of rangefinder cam (long min. Focus, MF etc).

Hi Sug,

I've an OM-D on order for the very reasons you mentioned, seeing the OM-D as a utilitarian gap filler doing those jobs RFs don't do well.
It would also have worked out well in yesterdays rain.

But I know Kent's Xpro1 is going to get a lot of attention when it arrives - it's sure to beat the OM-D for street cred and at high ISOs.

I would however be tempted by an evolution of the X100.

Donald.

Hi Spyro

I was back at the scene today with a tripod and I used the EVF for framing and assessment, which was tremendously handy. Here's another version:

Hey thanks for taking the time, I hope you didnt do it just for my benefit! I think I like both versions actually :)

Was hoping I'd get a surprise call from my local camera shop today. I guess if I don't get one tomorrow (assuming they arrive) I'll find out how far down I am on the list and decide if I just want to order from Henry's (and save almost $200 in tax...).

I was on the B&H waiting list until I cancelled yesterday. I placed an order with Henry's this morning and I received a shipping notice a couple of hours ago.:D

Looks cool, but if I was to go digital, it would likely be to an SLR of some kind. The X-Pro is teetering towards Sigma SD-1 or Sony full frame money, so I think I'd go down that road.

coelacanth said:
Kent,

I still have my OM-D order in place, and thought it would complement my M8.2 as M8 has cons of rangefinder cam (long min. Focus, MF etc). It seems X-Pro1's lenses can get fairly close (18cm or 28cm), and I can share the M lenses with it via adapter. Of course I can do the same with OM-D, but 2x crop factor will cut of lot of image circle...

Yup Sug, I decided to give it a whirl
In place of the OM-D. Simply an impulsive change as I want to try to use the XP1 for street, something I wouldn't use the OM for. I'll eventually probably get an OM-D as my GF-1 and G1 are getting a little long in the tooth from a sensor perspective.

I look forward to hearing what you and Donald think of the OM and I'll be sure to droll on about my XP1 experiences.

Some great fun choices right now in the camera world, never a dull moment.

Mine arrived from Vistek this afternoon. Battery is charging. I bought the 35 1.4 to hold me over until the M mount adapter is released. Hehehe... On the downside, I'm home sick with pneumonia so no street shooting for me this week. Will have to make do with shots around the house.

Yup Sug, I decided to give it a whirl
In place of the OM-D. Simply an impulsive change as I want to try to use the XP1 for street, something I wouldn't use the OM for. I'll eventually probably get an OM-D as my GF-1 and G1 are getting a little long in the tooth from a sensor perspective.

I look forward to hearing what you and Donald think of the OM and I'll be sure to droll on about my XP1 experiences.

Some great fun choices right now in the camera world, never a dull moment.

Hey Kent, Sug & Donald,

Would really like to get together with you guys when all your new toys roll in. These new cameras have caught my fancy and I would enjoy seeing them "in the flesh" and hearing your thoughts and experiences. Besides, it would be a good excuse for another local "beer & gear," don't you think?

-Randy

vrgard said:
Hey Kent, Sug & Donald,

Would really like to get together with you guys when all your new toys roll in. These new cameras have caught my fancy and I would enjoy seeing them "in the flesh" and hearing your thoughts and experiences. Besides, it would be a good excuse for another local "beer & gear," don't you think?

-Randy

Absolutely Randy! We'll do it and maybe sneak a little shooting in too.

Kent,
Haven't you looked out the window lately? I think the weather-sealed OM-D might better suit your wintery ambulations around North Beach. Wait for the titanium XP2 coming out this summer.
Jamie

I've been using mine over the weekend while on holiday and I'm impressed. A few bad points to look our for. I found the power switch was a little easy to knock on while placing the camera back into my camera bag so watch for that. The electronic viewfinder was a little on the dark side web in use compared to the OVF. The rubber cap on the 35mm lens hood is very easy to knock of accidentally do keep an eye on that too. I'm shooting RAW so I'm a little puzzled about the ISO settings as I can't seem to be able to select fully auto. I've got it at auto (3200) which is fine for now. A little reading of the manual is needed here. The ease of use, the lightness of the lens and body, the optical viewfinder made the camera a delight to use and when used in conjunction with my M9, I found the similarities between each camera made the x-pro1 easy and familiar to use. I've not yet looked at the results of my photography from the x-pro1 as I'm just haven't had time to do so plus Lightroom 4 isn't yet compatible with it for RAW files — plus Lightroom 4 is screwed up just now anyway as it shouldn't have been released with all the bugs it has just now but that's another story!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I finally got a play with a working unit of the x-pro1 and 35mm lens. First impression that I just can't seem to shake - I'm 99.8% sure that my x100 is faster focusing. Like... noticeably faster. Please someone tell me the unit I was using was faulty or something...

Gavinlg. Can't answer your question as I've never owned an X100 but all the reviews I've read have said the X-Pro1 is an improvement in focusing speeds. it's not lightning quick as I know, I have the Sony nex-5n and it's quicker. It also depends on what you're trying to shoot. The best way I can answer you is to say take the X100 with you an try shooting the same image side-by-side and that would answer the question. Is focusing speeds a critical thing for you? If not, then I think you'd be happy with the X-Pro1 — I am! I'm now thinking about selling my Sony nex-5n twin lens kit to fund the purchase of the 18mm lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back