Fuji X-T5

I traded in my X-T2 and got an X-H2. So far I am very happy with it. It is not a great adjustment to move from the X-T style dials to using the top screen although I do miss the exposure compensation dial sometimes. A think a lot of people held off the X-H2 hoping the X-T5 would be a more old school high megapixel alternative which it seems it is. I would personally like an X-Pro style camera with the 40MP sensor which I guess we may see next year.

The bigger concerns seem to be whther the older lenses are good enough for a 40MP APS-C sensor.

Now they have the X-H2 and X-T5 out of the way, they can work on getting 40 Mpixels, IBIS and the three way tilt LCD into the X-Pro4 and X-100VI ; that's when things will get really interesting.

I am interested in the 30mm 2.8 Macro though. I'm not into insects and flowers, but I think I can use it foe other things. Plus, I like lenses between 40-55mm a lot.

The X-T5 is one of the rare digital cameras that is not bigger, heavier, and more expensive than its predecessor. I find it very appealing—if I was in the market for a camera in this price range, I think it would be my first choice.

I am interested in the 30mm 2.8 Macro though. I'm not into insects and flowers, but I think I can use it foe other things. Plus, I like lenses between 40-55mm a lot.

I'm interested in this lens too. A small macro on my X-E4 would be useful for traveling. At least that's how I'm going to justify buying it. :cool:

Mike

It's a good looking camera, but I'll hold out to see if the X-Pro4 has a tilting LCD like that, and a dual magnification viewfinder for 18mm lenses.

The X-T series always seems a little unexciting in specs but is an amazing camera in use. Glad they went smaller and more photo centric with this one.

Not a bad price for what you get. I wish it had the control ergonomics of the wonderful X100V.

I'll stick with the X-Pro1 for B&W, and with my Leica SL2-S for anything else. I've used the X-H1 and a variety of Fuji lenses for some years and loved them. This said I am surprised by their steep depreciation in the second-hand market. Cheers, OtL

I'll stick with the X-Pro1 for B&W, and with my Leica SL2-S for anything else. I've used the X-H1 and a variety of Fuji lenses for some years and loved them. This said I am surprised by their steep depreciation in the second-hand market. Cheers, OtL

Why would you be surprised? Anything digital not made by Leica depreciates quickly in the used market.

I appear to be in a significant minority, but I really like the rear screen layout on the X-T4. I like being able to flip the screen over so that no screen is seen on the back. It then feels more like my old Nikon SLR film gear. I turn the screen outward only when I need to modify the operational settings, which is rarely.

Looks like an all-around great camera. I'm not in the market, but I hope the people who buy it will be happy and get to make great pictures with it!

Back