fuji x100s...who's getting one?

all: just a FYI- Steve Huff is shooting with the x100s all weekend and his review will be on Monday- i also asked him specifically on his blog if he would speak to the x100 owners and address the concept of: if you have a x100 is it worth upgrading (selling the x100 and buying a new x100s)- he mentioned that he would...

all: just a FYI- Steve Huff is shooting with the x100s all weekend and his review will be on Monday- i also asked him specifically on his blog if he would speak to the x100 owners and address the concept of: if you have a x100 is it worth upgrading (selling the x100 and buying a new x100s)- he mentioned that he would...

not to be daft but that's really a personal decision and depends on so many things. seems like people like reassurances to make themselves feel better about buying stuff :D. but if you want another "Should i upgrade", the strobist has his in-depth review with a should i upgrade section as well

http://strobist.blogspot.ca/2013/03/in-depth-new-fujifilm-x100s.html

just picked mine up

IMG_6180-vi.jpg

IMG_6181-vi.jpg

IMG_6182-vi.jpg

IMG_6184-vi.jpg

IMG_6188-vi.jpg

lens hood is JJC, soft release is from Tom Abrahamsson, strap is from Tap and Dye

Cheers,
M

Great news guys: I just got a shipping confirmation for my camera! Even though the seller expected an april delivery date, stock started popping up this morning. So if all goes well, I should have the camera in hand by this time tomorrow.

Hmm I am a little confused about parallax discussion here and the X100s. From what I have seen online in videos the frame lines adjust with distance, correct? Do they no adjust under 2 meters????

I've learned as well through videos that the M9 frame lines adjust with distance, but they do not change size just framing.

Unless I am blind or just not observant enough, my frame lines in my M6TTL do not adjust, and I have successfully framed photographs at 0.7 m with a 50 mm lens. Every once and a while a slight crop is necessary for printing, but at normal shooting distances i.e. more than a 1 meter, I've found the frame lines to be pretty accurate with the M6.

I'm really curious about this AF issue, I picked one up in Tokyo the other day and mine has the 1.01 firmware that people are complaining about. Honestly, the few shots I did with it didn't seem really impressive in the AF area. Guess we will see what happens....

Interesting BA. We are talking about .07 from .22 change in AF speed (or something like that) though supposedly. Perhaps people expect too much? I mean, this is the internet. ;)

I'll give my thoughts over the next day or so on the AF speed. The X100 was my most used camera, so I'll be able to tell right away.

We'll see. Reports vary quite a bit right now. I've never used a Fuji X100, so I'll probably have a different view regarding the perceived slowness or snappiness of the AF system.

Honestly though, I probably won't be using it much anyway! From what I hear, the manual focus is considerably improved in this model and the digital split image seems to work a treat. Can't wait to give it a good test.

It's going to take months of internet exchanges, and possibly a few software tweaks, before "the real X100s" is realized.

Patience is a virtue :)

Back