Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!

whtchocla7e

Local time
6:03 PM
Fujifilm X-Pro1
- custom 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and EXR technology
- second generation hybrid viewfinder
- 18/2.0, 35/1.4, 60/2.4/Macro prime lenses

Fujifilm Introduces First Compact System Camera

The new models include the X-Pro1, X-S1 (shipping this month at an expected $800 suggested retail) and a new F series model in the F750EXR (shipping in March at an expected $350).

The highlight of the offerings is the Fujifilm X-Pro1, which is a highly featured compact system camera. Fuji-filim said it will build on the success of the X100 model, by adding a camera that features a custom-developed 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and the company's proprietary EXR processor technology.

The camera also includes a second-generation hybrid view-finder and takes three prime interchangeable Fuji-non lenses, all with fast apertures.

The lenses include: the 18mm (27mm equivalent) f/2.0, 35mm (53mm equivalent) f/1.4 and 60mm (90mm equivalent) f/2.4.

LINK

There's still the x100 for the 35mm FOV, so that doesn't worry me so much.

I'm more of a fifty guy anyway though...

-Brian

If true I am more interested in this than the possible Nikon D4. The focal lengths will work for me alright. Fingers crossed.

Bob

If there were a wider offering I'd be sold. 28mm never seemed wide enough to me, 21 equivalent and I'm sold 100%. It still looks to be a winner to me even without a wider lens in the initial offering, depending on the cost of the primes

link seems bogus to me... Greg Tarr at Wells Fargo drafting/publishing press release for Fujifilm?

The Nikon D4 leak was also allegedly written by the same person and posted on the same 'Wells Fargo' website.

... Looking forward to the real info from fujifilm

But How are the Colors?

But How are the Colors?

I'm assuming this means 1.5x crop factor but with that named are all my images going to look like I shot them on slide film but developed for c41?

link seems bogus to me... Greg Tarr at Wells Fargo drafting/publishing press release for Fujifilm?

I don't think it is bogus; there was a press release from Fujifilm embargoed until 1200AM ET; this story is 12:01. I haven't seen the PR yet but did see an alert from Fuji themselves saying it was coming.

But will it zone focus or will this be another camera that is useless for street photography?

guess you'll have to work around it with the distance scale in the VF and the LCD. I dont expect to see lenses with AF and mechanical rings from Fuji (or anyone for that matter)

I wonder if there's a chance for a manual focus lens.

Can't get both the NEX-7 and the X-Pro1. I have the Hawks M adapter for the NEX-7, but if the viewfinder will allow.. an adapted Fuji will undoubtedly work better with the Biogons. I sure hope Fuji is quick to get some cameras out for review, but I'm not holding my breath. The Fuji system lenses will leave Sony in the dust.

If its like the stuff Fuji's introduced in recent years, it'll cost 3 times what its worth and will be crippled by some serious flaw that makes it useless to serious artists. Sad, cause it looks like a cool idea.

But will it zone focus or will this be another camera that is useless for street photography?

Eventually, some enterprising individual will create an adapter for mounting a Summitar on it, or imagine the Millenium Nikkor 50/1.4.

:D

Poor autofocus and too much shutter lag, from what I've read. At the price of over $1000, I won't even consider trying something like that. Not when you can buy a Nikon or Canon D-SLR for half that with same image quality and a better camera.

Back