Fun...Fun...Fun

Tuolumne said:
Bessa-T. My favorite by far right now. It is a hoot to shoot.

/T
I have a snapshot skopar that is begging for a permanent home on one of these. Must ...reach.. for ..the.. bicarbonate...

freeranger said:
I have a snapshot skopar that is begging for a permanent home on one of these. Must ...reach.. for ..the.. bicarbonate...

I put a CV 15mm on mine and can't take it off. What a great street and candid shooter!

/T

shadowfox said:
My black Olympus OM-1.

Yes, it's an "Honorary Rangefinder" :)

You know I agree.

They are all pretty ... But the OM-1 and M3 do win on the fun/fumbling
side for me ... So different and yet so similar.

Roland.

since you asked for favorite camera, no contest, my new Hexar AF. I'm not sure what it is. Not a rangefinder, and much more than a point and shoot. But it IS a true joy for taking pictures.

to be honest...my bronica and yashica win everytime, even over the leica and the bessa...there's just something dreamy about medium format slides (and I just bought a whole load of velvia50 too)

For simple pleasure, my folding Agfa 6x9 camera. No rangefinder on that one.

For simplicity and that crappy camera glow, my Lex35. It has been lost somewhere, though, and that greatly saddens me. I'm going to get another one.

For a walk, my Kiev 4.

Right now it is the R-D1 with the 40mm Summicron-C. When my new Upstraps come in it could well be the Contax G1 with the 21mm/2.8 'cause I love the lens. Call me a wussy but I have more fun shooting when I don't have to do ALL the work - AF not necessary but AE is.

- John

ferider said:
They are all pretty ... But the OM-1 and M3 do win on the fun/fumbling
side for me ... So different and yet so similar.

I feel the same way about the same two cameras.

But, in terms of "most fun" I think it might be my Rollei.

I carry a camera all of the time -- either my M3, my OM-1, or my LX2 -- and just take pictures whenever. (I will admit that lately I carry my OM-1 or the LX2 more often than the M3 simply because they weigh SO MUCH LESS... the M3 is like an anvil in my shoulder bag.)

When I am going out specifically to "do photography," though, I find that I usually reach for the Rolleiflex.

Right now, the Bessa R. That's partly because I'm still learning its foibles, and my ability to respond correctly to them. I also, however, REALLY enjoy my Canon 300D and any of the half-dozen lenses I have for it. Form follows function, eh? Of course, my Canon 10s SLR is lotsa fun, and my newly-acquired Vivitar 35S is tiny, auto-exposes, and produces nice negatives.

Sigh.....

Back