Fun...Fun...Fun

I'd have to say one of my IIIc's and either the 21mm f/4 Color-Skopar or the 35mm f/2.5 Color-Skopar.

A present I have one fitted with the 50mm f/1.5 Nokton. That lens is huge on the IIIc!!!

Most everything I have is fun. For carefree Fun, the go-to camera, until it was dropped (and repair is delayed again, due to other priorities, but it's going to happen) would be my Ricoh GR1: its size/weight-to-quality ratio is scary-high, and taking it along – anytime, anywhere – has always been a no-brainer. in its OpTech belt pouch (with just enough room for an extra roll as well), it's my almost-unnoticed companion. And, it will be back.

attachment.php

- Barrett

Attachments

• chelseatriumph.jpg
    chelseatriumph.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
Forty-five years with the same IIIf and the 50mm Elmar has to means something. But for P&S situations, my fifteen year old Olympus Stylus Infinity, I've glued it together and it doesn't have its face plate: it still works and well.

Got to be my IIIf with the Canon 50mm f/1.8 - for more serious shoots I grab my Bessa R3a. For the most enjoyable fun cameras in my kit, the old screw mount Leica's can not beat.

Right now it's a toss between my Welta Weltur and my Zeiss Ikon folders. Other times it is hard to say. The Canonet is fun, even the Super Press 23 is fun.

Wayne R. Scott said:
Gray Baby Rolleiflex TLR just for fun (and good quality photos if I do my part),

Wayne

Whoa! where do you purchase the film for this one? it's not 135 neither it is 120, isn't it?

shadowfox said:
Whoa! where do you purchase the film for this one? it's not 135 neither it is 120, isn't it?

127 film. Freestyle sells Efke films in the size, but as far as I know that's the only way to buy 127 outright. You can always cut down 120 and spool it onto 127 reels, though the hassle might be too much.

Yes, I get it from Freestyle. I made a 120 to 127 film slitter out of an old 120 box camera and a 127 Brownie, a 1/4" bolt, razor blade and some nuts and washers.

Wayne

For me, it has to be the Trip 35. I love it.

amateriat said:
Most everything I have is fun. For carefree Fun, the go-to camera, until it was dropped (and repair is delayed again, due to other priorities, but it's going to happen) would be my Ricoh GR1: its size/weight-to-quality ratio is scary-high, and taking it along – anytime, anywhere – has always been a no-brainer. in its OpTech belt pouch (with just enough room for an extra roll as well), it's my almost-unnoticed companion. And, it will be back.
- Barrett

My colleague's lending me his GR1s shortly. I've always wanted to take one for a test spin.

M5 w/50 summicron? Rollei 35SE? Contax G2 w/28? M7.72 w/50 hexanon? M7.58 w/35 summicron, ZM28 or 25? Contax TVS?

The tool does what it does- the exhilaration is in the shooting. I have shot with all the above in the last week and every time it has been a blast.

Contax T2 arrives in a few days!

My Kiev 4A. Even or especially without the meter, it just feels right when I have it up to my face. It works, the lens (J-3 or J-8) never ceases to impress me, and the thought that goes into even the random snapshot means I remember taking each and every picture when I review the shots.

My Leica IIf with the 5cm/3.5 Elmar is probably the sexiest and most fun of all my equipment, but I don't have any cameras which are no fun at all (except my digicam).

Richard

Gotta be my Bessa,goes all over with me.Taking it to the Smokies in a week to ride the Dragon.That should be fun........Robin

Any of my cams I have put within reach, means a lot of fun for me!
(The others are up high on some shelves...) ;)

My M6 if I ever get it back. It's been out for repair for two months. Dang back ordered part from Leica. :(

Back