Great bags for all your expensive gear

Though many (most?) RFFers's would likely disagree, IMO an eveready case is *ideal* for one camera, one lens.

35mm camera on neckstrap, a couple rolls of film in my pocket, and I'm ready for a day of shooting...

Chris

Though many (most?) RFFers's would likely disagree, IMO an eveready case is *ideal* for one camera, one lens.

35mm camera on neckstrap, a couple rolls of film in my pocket, and I'm ready for a day of shooting...

I don't use 'everready' cases because, no matter how slick they might be, the camera is never ready if I need to grab it quickly and make a shot. I use things like that to store cameras in when I'm traveling, not when I'm shooting. When shooting, they always get in my way.

When I'm shooting, a half case works nicely: it protects the bottom 2/3 of the camera but allows me to have the camera on a neck strap or in a bag, ready for shooting. I generally prefer to have the camera in a bag rather than on a neckstrap too: it prevents accidental tangles and situations where the camera is "almost dropped" but then caught by the neckstrap, speeding it to a collision with the nearest hard object. I've had this happen several times over the years... :eek:

Fun fun fun... ;)

G

I don't use 'everready' cases because, no matter how slick they might be, the camera is never ready if I need to grab it quickly and make a shot. I use things like that to store cameras in when I'm traveling, not when I'm shooting. When shooting, they always get in my way.

When I'm shooting, a half case works nicely: it protects the bottom 2/3 of the camera but allows me to have the camera on a neck strap or in a bag, ready for shooting. I generally prefer to have the camera in a bag rather than on a neckstrap too: it prevents accidental tangles and situations where the camera is "almost dropped" but then caught by the neckstrap, speeding it to a collision with the nearest hard object. I've had this happen several times over the years... :eek:

Fun fun fun... ;)

G
The thing with half Leica in a half case is the access to the base plate which has to be totally removed to access the SD or the battery. M10 does not even ha u USB-port! Luigi in Italy launched an accessory base plate with a door for M10 with his half-case. The price is a bit steep.

The thing with half Leica in a half case is the access to the base plate which has to be totally removed to access the SD or the battery. M10 does not even ha u USB-port! Luigi in Italy launched an accessory base plate with a door for M10 with his half-case. The price is a bit steep.
I use the Artist & Artisan half-case on my M10-M/R. I like its looks, feel, and fit better than any of the others I've tried (including Luigi's and Leica's). I only have one: I don't store the cameras in the half-case; I fit the half-case to whichever camera I'm going to use on a given outing. I don't use any case when working at home doing copy or tabletop work: It's just another thing to get in the way in that circumstance.

While the M10-M/R do not have USB ports, they are fully equipped with WiFi so I can move files from camera to iPad Pro/computer without taking the case off, if doing that should prove inconvenient. My usual outing/shooting session is about 30-60 exposures, a fully charged battery usually delivers about 500-700 exposures, a 128G SD card can store up to 1000 raw files, so I don't need to take the case off to change the battery but once every 8 to 10 shooting sessions. I deem that inconvenience so trivial as to be a non-issue ... it takes less than a second to remove the camera from the half-case, or put it back in.

You worry too much about trivialities. This is what comes of reading all the noise on the internet vs using/testing the equipment for yourself. ;)

G

I use the Artist & Artisan half-case on my M10-M/R. I like its looks, feel, and fit better than any of the others I've tried (including Luigi's and Leica's). I only have one: I don't store the cameras in the half-case; I fit the half-case to whichever camera I'm going to use on a given outing. I don't use any case when working at home doing copy or tabletop work: It's just another thing to get in the way in that circumstance.

While the M10-M/R do not have USB ports, they are fully equipped with WiFi so I can move files from camera to iPad Pro/computer without taking the case off, if doing that should prove inconvenient. My usual outing/shooting session is about 30-60 exposures, a fully charged battery usually delivers about 500-700 exposures, a 128G SD card can store up to 1000 raw files, so I don't need to take the case off to change the battery but once every 8 to 10 shooting sessions. I deem that inconvenience so trivial as to be a non-issue ... it takes less than a second to remove the camera from the half-case, or put it back in.

You worry too much about trivialities. This is what comes of reading all the noise on the internet vs using/testing the equipment for yourself. ;)

G
Thanks, I'll try the wi-fi now. I know it works with my iPhone, but I will see it on the MBA now.
Seems like the battery on the M10R is a bit tired. A new one is on its way.
I am retired, and I have too much time on my hands. I am not stressed at all; the contrary.
Bah, Leica Capture does not support OS 14 Sonoma. Does not connect.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 18.32.27.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using Apple macOS computers, you'll need an app named "Leica Sync" to connect and transfer M10 files direct from the camera wirelessly. Alternatively, you can use "Leica FOTOs" on an iPhone or iPad to transfer the files, and then move them to a shared iCloud folder that you macOS system can access.

Leica Sync is available from Transient Eye

G

It is not. The link is no longer working; it is three years old. I have already tried it.
Leica Acquire still exists on the App Store. Here's a review matching my experience:

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 18.46.56.png

I downloaded the current version of Leica Sync (Version 1.4 22nd May 2019) from the link I posted (Transient Eye) 1 hour ago. I'm running it on macOS Sonoma v14.4.1 with my 2019 Mac mini. I moved 40 raw exposures from my M10-R to the mini with it just now.

It works flawlessly. Oh yes: it's free.

G

I downloaded the current version of Leica Sync (Version 1.4 22nd May 2019) from the link I posted (Transient Eye) 1 hour ago. I'm running it on macOS Sonoma v14.4.1 with my 2019 Mac mini. I moved 40 raw exposures from my M10-R to the mini with it just now.

It works flawlessly. Oh yes: it's free.

G
I believe you. Do you believe me when I say that today that link is dead?

Hey! I got it with Safari!
I had a similar issue with a local bank. Chrome just didn't do it but Safari did.

Some security quirk blocked Chrome from loading it so finally I tried with Safari.
Thank you for being persistant. One problem solved. The battery is tired, though...

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 22.59.12.png

I once bought an old but nice Hassy that had been reskinned with Monitor Lizard. Seriously! You talk about Bling. I didn't keep it very long. Nice camera, but heavy and slow to use. I replaced it with a Rollei 6008 and still have it.

Attachments

• Hasselblad .jpg
    Hasselblad .jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 6
Back