GREEN Jupiter-11 in Contax Kiev Mount

Just for the Bokeh...
picture.php

This lens was shimmed perfectly for the Contax, unlike my two J-9's. Both of the J-9's were off, and I needed to add ~0.5mm Shims to them. I was expecting the J-11 to be the "problem child", but it was "just Perfect".

Last edited:
One shot with the 1975 Black Jupiter-9 85/2, just for a comparison. After shimming.

1975 J-9 Wide-open, on the same test roll as above.

picture.php

Brian

That green J-11 is interesting and I would also have thought it was ex military issue. My favourite is still a J-9 though and your copy looks good too.

Bob

Yes, that Leica in the Auction is a VERY NICE GREEN! Made for the Israeli Tank Division, according to the description.

My lens was $19,450 less. Think I'll start a story that it was made for Soviet SU-100's. THAT was a cool tank-destroyer.

This J-11 is very good. I've seen a few FSU lenses with "CCCP" and a few other hints that they were made for the Government. Those particular lenses were all "picks of the litter".

I have a nice Canon 135 in LTM and I have used it with great results...its a beautiful lens although a little heavy and I got it for a song. I love that which is not in style!!!!!

True statement on that! I want a Canon 135/4 to go with my older Canon lenses. 35/2.8, 50/1.5, 85/2 and 100/4. I'll put them on the IIf. The III needs new curtains.

Back