New York Greetings From Hill-Billy Calvin, AKA Augie

Wow my new lens arrived yesterday for my $20.00 Minolta 7D, the
seller said it had focusing issue and had a buy it now that wound
up being $152.00 dollars and it did have a focusing issue, it didn't
focus but I fixed that. I tighten the rear mount screws and cleaned
the contact's and it works great nice little lens, oh it's a Sony Zeiss
16mm-80mm F3.5-4.5 zoom. It only sells for $999.00 at B&H.

Wow my new lens arrived yesterday for my $20.00 Minolta 7D, the
seller said it had focusing issue and had a buy it now that wound
up being $152.00 dollars and it did have a focusing issue, it didn't
focus but I fixed that. I tighten the rear mount screws and cleaned
the contact's and it works great nice little lens, oh it's a Sony Zeiss
16mm-80mm F3.5-4.5 zoom. It only sells for $999.00 at B&H.

Bob,

About 80% of electronic problems are bad electrical connections. Don't tell anybody. LOL.

You stole that lens.

Cal

The big news interview went well.

Instead of doing the interview in the back-backyard the did it in front of the house.

"Maggie" said that we bought the house as a retirement project. Kinda true, but it was really to be safe and escape NYC.

Between March 1st 2020 and October 31st 2020 three hundred thousand people left NYC. We left on November 15th 2020.

NYC had a population of 8.6 million and at the rate stated above it could be that by the end of 2021 NYC's population could drop below 8 million.

Crime and murder is up, homelessness is really bad, so many closed businesses, and I don't see a recovery happening that won't take years. Meanwhile NYC makes most of its revenue by taxing businesses...

So I'm pretty sure the neighbors took notice of the news crew. Looks like more coverage will be happening since the producer mentioned that they have other ideas for stories.

So in NYC Maggie gets recognized all the time, but in Peekskill she remains under the radar. I hope it stays that way.

Augie

Crime and murder is up, homelessness is really bad, so many closed businesses, and I don't see a recovery happening that won't take years. Meanwhile NYC makes most of its revenue by taxing businesses...

Perhaps things will improve if the Governor steps down :D

Perhaps things will improve if the Governor steps down :D

A,

Bozo the Mayor is worse, and that's not funny.

Money, power, and ego is a funny and disturbing path.

Latest good news in New York is that the travel ban has been lifted for those of us that have been vaccinated and who also are past two weeks since their second injection. No need to self quarentine for 2 weeks.

"Maggie" got vaccinated because she is over 65, and I got mine because I work at a hospital, even though I don't deal with patients.

Maggie and I still will do take-out and eat in the car rather than eat in a restaurant. We don't frequent bars, and we still stay socially distant.

Augie

Haters (and expats) gonna hate; NYC will survive...

Chris in New York

Chris,

As a gentrifier I made landlords, banks and developers lots of money.

Are you planning on retiring in NYC?

How long do you think you might be able to sustain living in NYC in retirement?

NYC will survive, but it will be a different city than the one I helped build and make great.

Realize that in the 70's I was building out lofts in SoHo when it was just an abandoned place. Then there was Greenpoint, the southside of Williamsburg, Long Island City, and East Harlem.

My decades of being around just reached a conclusion for me. I'm just being realistic and practical.

The commute is a chore, but in the end the quality of life for me is both better and higher. Most of all it is sustainable. Realize in my case I have a long life expectancy and should be around for 4 more decades and perhaps even 5 more decades.

Devil Christian once said, "Any place is a great place to live if you are wealthy." Don't overlook this.

Cal

Bob,

About 80% of electronic problems are bad electrical connections. Don't tell anybody. LOL.

You stole that lens.

Cal

I guess so, It does take great pictures, the colors are great and it's
really sharp. I had another Sony zoom and the corners were distorted
not this lens.

Back