Happy Independence Day!

Here in Mira Mesa, San Diego California- the noisiest thing was the parade two blocks from my home. Not much by way of fireworks. I think folks here are afraid to start another wildfire.

For those who don't know Mira Mesa, it is a nice chunk of greater San Diego. It is culturally diverse and mostly "blue collar." We have lots of imigrants from Asia, Africa, and Mexico. We also have quite a few indigenous people as well as people who moved here during America's expansion to the west. The rest are like me, we come here from other states because of opportunities.

The great majority of these families and individuals are doing quite well together in this little chunk of California. Some are military, many aren't. Each with their political concerns and interests. We have the left, the right and the center. Yet, it's pretty peaceful. We seem to get along fine.

Having seen many of the faces today, while out watching the parades and barbecues at the park nearby, I would say we are very fortunate. Fortunate to have so many people who add to our experiences and to have the freedom that was afforded us by those who chose to make a stand over two centuries ago.

I will be celebrating with few grilled hot dogs or bratwurst, some baked beans and slaw and good company.

I'll let the city handle the fireworks display.

Have a safe day everyone, all over the world. I'll be thinking of you all. :)

Fedzilla_Bob said:
I will be celebrating with few grilled hot dogs or bratwurst, some baked beans and slaw and good company.

beautiful sentiments Bob, but why did you have to tease me with grilled bratwurst??? man, losing weight sucks.

Happy July 4th - Independence Day - from USA 🇺🇸 to all.

Provincetown, Cape Cod, Massachusetts - 2015 | (iPhone 6)

D8EF10F1-0FE6-4FED-A4F4-46C80B92C79D_1_105_c.jpeg

32358495-19D2-4B9C-A2A9-DA428DF0A351_1_105_c.jpeg

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Art and Missiles - Santa Clara 2021
Hasselblad 907x + MS Optics Aporia 24mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/5.6 @ 1/250

It's an art emplacement by a famous sculptor whose name I forget. It's all about caring for the children of the world...
Of course, what's truly amuzing is that it is pointing directly towards the Lockheed Martin facility about six miles away where they design missiles... LOL!!!

G

Saw this when I was out for a joy ride today, had to turn around, stop, and nip a photo of it...
IMG_9107.JPG

Back