Hassleblad Mirrorless!

That camera is so funny that I did a wee in my pants from laughing so hard*.

*I actually didn't but that is a very ugly and poorly concieved camera.

The Lunar is expected to retail from €5000 in the first quarter of 2013 and will be available in a choice of standard models plus a variety of exclusive hand grips and precious materials on special order, says Hasselblad
Lunar? more like looney...

Is it April 1st already?

I'm trying to be open minded about what keeps appearing in the guise of cameras of late but this effort by Hasselblad is disappointing to say the least!

Hopefully the whole lot will be on the next moon landing ... to be left there!

More jewelry for the ostentatiously wealthy to flaunt, I hope enough people will recognise the superior affluence of the users of this 'luxury' item.:)
It seems the Leica ethos is spreading wider, is this also for the Far East market?

I don't think anyone will buy that. $6500 for an APS-C sensor? And it looks very uncomfortable to hold. The grip seems to extend forward rather than allowing the fingers to curl naturally. What was that type designation--CSC, was it? Looks more like a POS. Make mine a used M9, please. Or maybe I'll just keep my M8.2.

Larry Hansen, Hasselblad CEO:
We want to go back to our customers. Fifteen years ago, 65% of our customers were not professionals photographers. Today almost 100% are professionals. My goal is to make Hasselblad cameras accessible to all serious customers.

What. Apparently, "serious customers" means "rich people who are also blind".

It seems the Leica ethos is spreading wider, is this also for the Far East market?

This has nothing to do with the Leica ethos, though. Leica makes fine, albeit expensive cameras. Sort of like a company making nice watches.
What Hasselblad is doing here is like selling t-shirts with a large "D&G" logo across the front.

A digital XPan would be a much better idea. I know that it is very expensive to make very large sensors, because of a high rate of rejection. But the sensor would not have to be as large as the XPan film area. If they can make a 36mm wide sensor, they should be able to make one that is, say, 25% longer, or about 46mm. Then, by setting the height to 18mm (the same height as an APS-C sensor), the aspect ratio would then be 2.55:1. That's the same as Cinemascope was originally, before the width was slightly reduced to make room for the mag/optical tracks.

How does that sound?

Back