Heavy Distortion FUJIFILM XF 23mm f/2 R WR Lens

Are you certain you see lens distortion and not perspective? This comes up quite often. That things further away are depicted smaller, making rectangles into trapezoids etc., is not something that lenses do, it's a result of seeing a three-dimensional world from one point. I don't see why you couldn't correct lens distortion of whatever level in LR.

This thread was resolved by the second post.

Unfortunately the conversation here derailed in a direction that wasn't predicted. Honestly, I expected more expertise opinions.
Thanks for the rff members that contributed with skilled advise in this matter.

My Nana was right!

My Nana was right!

Which you received, in s p a d e s, and ignored... (huh, apparently 'sp*des' is rude?)

The thread didn't derail, it was never on the rails to begin with :bang:

Dear nick,

My Nana used to say that those who can't see just have to feel. I wasn't sure what she meant by that when I was younger? This thread clearly demonstrated what she meant.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

I think my problem as a photographer was loving the image, and not trying to dissect it technically.

But....that said...I've always have taken into account perspectives and lens defects and used them to make an image I desire. If you can't live with the defect, send it back. One of my favorite images is shot with an Canon FD lens corrupted with fungus. It makes interesting and, when used with forethought, insightful images.

I think my problem as a photographer was loving the image, and not trying to dissect it technically.

But....that said...I've always have taken into account perspectives and lens defects and used them to make an image I desire. If you can't live with the defect, send it back. One of my favorite images is shot with an Canon FD lens corrupted with fungus. It makes interesting and, when used with forethought, insightful images.

There's no need to invoke the technical aspects of optics until they are required to diagnose an issue and describe how to avoid, or minimize, the problem.

Back