Help cry for freedom of Turkey

Hello everybody.

Link is updated with last night's actions.

http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com

2upybmf.jpg

Hi everybody
I am still OK :) Mustafa is informing you about the recent situation. Thank you for your effort Mustafa.
Hi Martin. I think we start to save some money for a digital camera :). I have all format cameras from matchbox pinhole to large format but I don't have a digital camera even a point and shot or iPhone. It is very ironic. I feel my self as an idiot nowadays. I have to "find" a digital camera :)

Also I manage to go my film dealer, bought 4 rolls of Tri-x and started to burn it. Even I burnt 3 rolls of it.

Anyway I just want to say I am OK.
I wish an independent life for you
Under the cobblestones, the beach.

Hi Taylan, I think you meant Morback not me (different Martins) but 'I have to "find" a digital camera' ?!?! Things must be serious. ;)

Really, I know 'things' are very serious. Everybody be careful.

In my town tomorrow we have a support meeting. Nothing to offer but friendly words and pictures unfortunately, but I'll post something in this thread if I may. There are just under 300 people confirmed (including town-councillors and police officials, out of uniform), with another 3200 invited.

Have a stable night.

Again, stay safe all.

Thanks for the links and the info. I've seen a lot been shared around the internet.

It's good to see someone resisting, bad to see them getting hurt.

Take good care!

Well, I couldnt log into the forum in the last days and I would like to mention a couple of things.

Although the demonstration started in taksim, it spread to whole country, more than 40 provinces are standing up against the police forces.

There are many people wounded, some serious. So far 2 people were killed, one was shot from his head by a REAL bullet, there are many rumors about the other one so I can't say anything definite.

I was in Besiktas for the last 2 days, which is very close to Taksim, and the "battle" moved to besiktas. There were brutal attacks done by the police in cross streets, there is no way to describe it. please take no offense, but it was like gas chambers in those streets, and the people who were caught were arrested and tortured in police offices.

I will be adding some photos soon,

from turkey, with love

#direngeziparkı #direnbesiktas

Hi Taylan, I think you meant Morback not me (different Martins) but 'I have to "find" a digital camera' ?!?! Things must be serious. ;)

Really, I know 'things' are very serious. Everybody be careful.

In my town tomorrow we have a support meeting. Nothing to offer but friendly words and pictures unfortunately, but I'll post something in this thread if I may. There are just under 300 people confirmed (including town-councillors and police officials, out of uniform), with another 3200 invited.

Have a stable night.

Hi Martin. Sorry you are right I meant Morback. Also Thank you for your supporting meeting. I think it is very important to make an awareness. I think the number of attendance is not important. For instance protest in here is just started around 50 people. Wondering your photos :) Also keep in safe :)
See you soon :)

I will be adding some photos soon,

from turkey, with love

#direngeziparkı #direnbesiktas

Hi luplup7
First of all welcome to RFF, this great forum. Wondering your images also.
May be we will come across tomorrow.
Keep in safe

Hi everybody,

I think every RFF members in Istanbul survived last night. Me, Taylan, Simon, Martin, luplup7... So we have another day ahead :)

Taksim is now a festival field but clashes still going on at different areas. Especially in the other cities...

Last night update: In Izmir, police arrested 26 people because of social media usage. They claimed that those people are provocating the public via Facebook and Twitter. Probably this will spread. We'll see.

Today the two major union declared one day strike. But it is expected to turn into a general strike if the government doesn't back down.

Tomorrow the PM is going to be back to the country and we will see what happens.

We thank all of you for your support. Also the demonstrations that take place all around the world are highly appreciated and will never be forgotten.

Mustafa, it will be interesting to see how Erdogan responds. What are the people's expectations of him? Will they only be happy if he resigns?

Anyway, to all our members there please stay safe!

You have the support and solidarity of Greek people to your fight for freedom.
A sea separates us, dignity unites us.

What a silly pattern that's mainly used by dictators all over the world: responsible for protests are outisde forces and social media. With that statement and with his actions the PM positioned himself among the not well respected leaders in the world.

Hi Jon,

The expectation is of course resign. But this will not happen. So I think we have to define some relistic and achievable demands after this one week resistence. Tomorrow morning there will be a meeting with protestors representetives and government authorities. We'll see.

Hi p.giannakis,
I totally agree with you. We are sick of this facist politics and politicians. We share almost the same culture. We feel the same cheer and the same pain.
I was a university student 20 years ago. There was an unbeliavble solidarity between Greek and Turkish students back in the day. When we were violated, they demonstrated, when they were violated, we demonstrated. No internet, no quick communications. I hope we can find a sustainable way to support each other and hope to unite one day as free people.

targeting social media and people using it...that really smells of fascism.
they try to kill the messenger as it seems...

The PM is coming back to Turkey tonight. He talked to press today in Tunusia and said the same things.... "I will do whatever I want, bla bla boa... You are not allowed to do anything that I don't like.... bla bla bla... We will demolish the park... bla bla bla..."

So it seems the resistance goes on...

The link is updated...

http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com

Back