Help cry for freedom of Turkey

And sense of humour never stops :)

24186kn.jpg

The demo in my town attracted a couple of hundred (I gave up counting a photo at 160) people of Turkish or Kurdish origin, plus me, and I think three Dutch people.

The local paper ran a shot of the end of the event with a few dozen standing around in groups before leaving. I didn't see what footage was actually used by the two TV stations.

One positive point was the attitude of the very relaxed trio of police-officers on duty for the event.

Attachments

• taksim_gezi_nijmegen_20130605_a.jpg
    taksim_gezi_nijmegen_20130605_a.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
  • taksim_gezi_nijmegen_20130605_b.jpg
    taksim_gezi_nijmegen_20130605_b.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
  • taksim_gezi_nijmegen_20130605_c.jpg
    taksim_gezi_nijmegen_20130605_c.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Hello everybody,

Here are some pictures that I took yesterday on Taksim.

From Feminist Meeting
96yds0.jpg

People are Clark Kent at day time and Superman at night :)
9bm2v7.jpg

A child in Gezi Park
2qbre3d.jpg

Professional Rebel
30u5nd3.jpg

Free people bus
33epoih.jpg

From engineer's meeting: NO NUCLEAR
2yz0kf4.jpg

From Taksim Square
9ho2o2.jpg

Update: Hi everyone. I am still OK. Today Istanbul is more calm than the yesterday. Even demonstrators carried a piano to the Taksim square and there was a piano concert.
Also I stopped to take photograph two days ago. Because there are lots of plain-clothes polices around and demonstrators started to fidget from photographers. Also lots photographers attending as they are in a safari. In short there is an awful atmosphere as a photographer but not as a demonstrator :) I am hating being a photographer nowadays.

Mevlana: "Decent shuts up because of his decency, indecent assume he makes decent to shut up."

Also I stopped to take photograph two days ago. Because there are lots of plain-clothes polices around and demonstrators started to fidget from photographers. Also lots photographers attending as they are in a safari. In short there is an awful atmosphere as a photographer but not as a demonstrator :) I am hating being a photographer nowadays.

Hi Taylan, I'm sad to read that! Its a shame its become a kind of photographer's safari there. But you're a local and can walk to Taksim in 15 minutes and have been photographing the demonstrations there for at least 10 years. So you are more qualified than anyone to photograph the current demonstrations!!! I hope you change your mind and pick up your camera and start shooting again because we need to see your perspective on whats happening. Let me know if you want some more Neopan 400 to shoot!

Hi Taylan, I'm sad to read that! Its a shame its become a kind of photographer's safari there. But you're a local and can walk to Taksim in 15 minutes and have been photographing the demonstrations there for at least 10 years. So you are more qualified than anyone to photograph the current demonstrations!!! I hope you change your mind and pick up your camera and start shooting again because we need to see your perspective on whats happening. Let me know if you want some more Neopan 400 to shoot!

i do! :D

Hello everybody,

So far no action today as far as we know. Also in 15 minutes there will be a meeting between the PM and 8 artists (who support and involve the resistance) and 2 resistance representative. We'll see what will happen.

Link is updated.

http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com

Back