I just printed this ...

Its hard not to like that last shot - or the other two, but I'm sure you know what I mean. But moving on from the obvious, you've got the composition, lighting and focus spot-on and the look from your lady friend is just perfect (cooperation or spontaneous? who cares!).

That said, I'm assuming (I'll slink away if I'm wrong) that you're after other photos people have just printed.

This one is mine, after a bunch of stuff I won't bore anyone with right now (but may do so elsewhere and later):

...Mike

Join in by all means, it’s interesting to see what people are saving for posterity. I’m hoping this will shame me into getting more of the stuff I start onto paper and posted here.

The last shot is my daughter BTW, a snap-shot

Seems the photos I am sure about, there is no hesitation, no consideration. Those I am not sure about, well, it usually means I am sure, sure they don't make it. No amount of pondering or searching for photographic qualities can replace the missing magic. I seem to be quite good at capturing images that come close but just don't make it.

I'm not 100% sure about this one, it may be destined for the shredder

Seems the photos I am sure about, there is no hesitation, no consideration. Those I am not sure about, well, it usually means I am sure, sure they don't make it. No amount of pondering or searching for photographic qualities can replace the missing magic. I seem to be quite good at capturing images that come close but just don't make it.

It lacks a strong feature on the LH third, It's on an easel at the end of my studio at the moment, I'll probably shred it at the weekend

i like it

i like it

i like it...

...for the details, the "slice of life", the contrast & tonality and the timing of the moment. there is a story or two or three there. i am not put off by any perceived non-adherence of "the rule of thirds" or what ever.

please don't shred it !!!! :) :) :)

if you can't abide with it in hearth and home...i would love to have it for my home (will gladly pay adoption fees!!)

kenneth
NEVER FORGET BESLAN
www.neverforgetbeslan.org (under revision)

Please understand I was in no way commenting on your photo, but rather the struggle that sometimes happens when concsidering the value of a particular shot. Best.

It lacks a strong feature on the LH third, It's on an easel at the end of my studio at the moment, I'll probably shred it at the weekend

Please understand I was in no way commenting on your photo, but rather the struggle that sometimes happens when concsidering the value of a particular shot. Best.

I didn’t take any offence, and I’m sure non was intended. I work in a studio environment, and have for years, so I see criticism as a positive thing anyway

Regards

i like it...

...for the details, the "slice of life", the contrast & tonality and the timing of the moment. there is a story or two or three there. i am not put off by any perceived non-adherence of "the rule of thirds" or what ever.

please don't shred it !!!! :) :) :)

if you can't abide with it in hearth and home...i would love to have it for my home (will gladly pay adoption fees!!)

kenneth
NEVER FORGET BESLAN
www.neverforgetbeslan.org (under revision)

PM your address and it’s yours

Back