I just printed this ...

I'm not 100% sure about this one, it may be destined for the shredder

I like it. Crop out the car, leave the parking sign, and bring it in a bit on the left, and you have an image that centers attention on the couple and all those signs shouting "Free Money!". That's a good story.

3867494874_5587c98768_b.jpg

It seems only a couple of years ago I was throwing Curtis around in the pool. He's 16 now and has shot up to 6'3" over the winter. He is joining the cadets in September and is already training to pass the parachute regiment's selection in two years time, he spent his holidays this summer tabbing round Corfu's hills in 35c heat carrying a pack full of 2 ltr water bottles.

This print is for his grandparents

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2280/3867494874_5587c98768_b.jpg

Stewart: you've got a great eye. Your pictures have that quality of seeming to reveal something essential about each subject. My hat's off to you.

Ben Marks

I must admit, on this one, to removing two distracting details from the background, one of which would have been very difficult to achieve in a traditional darkroom

It only took two years to get round to this one, the chap, "Mash", was pleased with his copy

Last edited:
This chap can dance, for a full three or four minute at a time he was, beautifully, on a single heel or toe

Last edited:
Stewart, all your pics are wonderfully and perfectly printed, judging from my computer screen.

Many thanks Frank, I really appreciate that, a lot of it is the lab's agfa digi enlarger-printer thingies, I'm nothing like as good in my own darkroom.

Silver prints from a computer who'da thunk it possible?

Last edited:
I had to take out the back wheel of a bike at the RHS, but I left the sign at the top left, amazing what one still misses in negative space.

I got dead lucky with the exposure, I think the shadow detail makes the shot ....

Last edited:
Back