Ignore list is not working.

Any updates on a fix for this? For me it still isn't working after all the usual things (clear cache, cookies, et al)...

Hey? Any updates? Am I on ignore list for MPG? How did you get yours working?

Now that's funny :)

I noticed it wasn't working early on as well.

What would also be useful is a way to customize the landing page: i.e., suppress/hide threads that don't interest you; the ability to hide (not collapse) the random gallery - seems the same images appear everyday; and also a way to suppress/hide the Forum menu on the left.

Other than that, I have become acclimated to the new site.

“Ignore list is not working” Are you kidding me!

Damn if this isn’t the most amazing complaint about the new site I ‘ve seen yet. Do people need a computer function to help them ignore somebody? If you don’t like somebody that much, and you need a website function to block them from your site… WTF!

Well, I guess that shows how much I know. Who am I to complain about people needing assistants to ignore people (probably people like me)

The way I look at it is this; if you join a forum, you join it all the way - warts and all. We all sit at a round table facing each other. If you don’t like what somebody says, tell them about it or ignore them - ignore them the old fashion way, with your brain! Don’t rely on PC voodoo magic to keep the bad people away from you, just don’t read their posts when you see their name on the post title, say "pass".

Seems simple to me. However, if you’re not familiar with how to ignore somebody, and you’re married… ask your spouse how they deal with you when you’re being a verbose POS?

Enough, enough, I vote to delete the ignore function that does not work. If it doesn't work, ignore it!

You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant!
Mike

Mike, my problem is with the fact that a couple of threads that I frequent have been bombarded with multiple multi-image posts from the same user per day (often 1+ page). Using the ignore list on the old site enabled these users to be muted and allowed me to browse without having to trawl through pages of uninteresting photos.

but hey, I’ll guess I’ll go back to utilising these new fangled computers coddle me through life :rolleyes:

An ignore list functions as a forum’s mosquito net. It can make life more pleasant. It’s not available here at this point. The preferences for Notifications are completely non-functional as well, though I’m sure those who have the ability to fix both those issues are aware and working on it.

I have exactly the same feeling as Mike, and I couldn't express it better.
The use of an ignore list always looked to me offensive and absurd. I don't click the threads I am not interested to. If you stumble in a series of photos you don like just scroll down or even move to the next page.
Anyway this is just my humble opinion. It is a great pleasure for me to see that it is shared by a member I am a great fan of. I never loose a photo by Mike and I am grateful to him for sharing his work.

“Ignore list is not working” Are you kidding me!

Damn if this isn’t the most amazing complaint about the new site I ‘ve seen yet. Do people need a computer function to help them ignore somebody? If you don’t like somebody that much, and you need a website function to block them from your site… ***!

Well, I guess that shows how much I know. Who am I to complain about people needing assistants to ignore people (probably people like me)

The way I look at it is this; if you join a forum, you join it all the way - warts and all. We all sit at a round table facing each other. If you don’t like what somebody says, tell them about it or ignore them - ignore them the old fashion way, with your brain! Don’t rely on PC voodoo magic to keep the bad people away from you, just don’t read their posts when you see their name on the post title, say "pass".

Seems simple to me. However, if you’re not familiar with how to ignore somebody, and you’re married… ask your spouse how they deal with you when you’re being a verbose POS?

Enough, enough, I vote to delete the ignore function that does not work. If it doesn't work, ignore it!

You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant!
Mike

The worlds become offended at whatever nowadays. My belief is that the world starting turning to $h!t when they invented instant coffee. been a decline ever since.

I don’t like tomatoes on my Quarter Pounder Deluxe, but I never tell them to leave them off because that would be rude. I just pull them off when I get the burger, every single time. It’s not hard to do that.
My wife doesn’t like onions on her burgers, but I told her she should order her burger with onions and just take them off when the order arrives. Because reasons.
That’s a perfect analogy. If someone always wants to have every single thing laid in front of them, and sort through it, or enjoys every single thing that might be laid in front of them, regardless, that’s excellent, and they’ll always have the option to configure a forum to accommodate that. But if someone knows from experience that they don’t enjoy tomatoes, it doesn’t help anyone else that that person should always be forced to get the burger with tomatoes and have to pull them off every single time.
just saying.
And every forum burger comes with tomatoes unless you ask to hold the tomatoes. It’s okay to do that.

I'm sure those who have the ability to fix both those issues are aware and working on it.

I'm not so sure. Quirks that were pointed out months ago still abound. The 'random' photos on the home page have been randomly the same for the past few months, to name one.

Mike, my problem is with the fact that a couple of threads that I frequent have been bombarded with multiple multi-image posts from the same user per day (often 1+ page). Using the ignore list on the old site enabled these users to be muted and allowed me to browse without having to trawl through pages of uninteresting photos.

Exactly this. I don't mind if someone has solo thread. Post them all, it is all yours. I like those threads.
But then photos thread which was meant to be for all is turned into one dude non-stop dumpster, he has to be on ignore list just to be able to see what others are posting.

I have nothing personal against of persons who are pictures non-stop in common threads (some just can't hold it), but I respect my time and my eyes are hurting.

but hey, I’ll guess I’ll go back to utilizing these new fangled computers coddle me through life :rolleyes:

Hi Olle, this ignore thing has been gnawing at me lately and perhaps I was a little too quick to judge and spew out an opinion.

For your reasons stated “I get it” and for a few reasons of my own I’m warming to the idea of an ignore feature.

All the best,
Mike

I don’t like tomatoes on my Quarter Pounder Deluxe, but I never tell them to leave them off because that would be rude. I just pull them off when I get the burger, every single time. It’s not hard to do that.
My wife doesn’t like onions on her burgers, but I told her she should order her burger with onions and just take them off when the order arrives. Because reasons.
That’s a perfect analogy. If someone always wants to have every single thing laid in front of them, and sort through it, or enjoys every single thing that might be laid in front of them, regardless, that’s excellent, and they’ll always have the option to configure a forum to accommodate that. But if someone knows from experience that they don’t enjoy tomatoes, it doesn’t help anyone else that that person should always be forced to get the burger with tomatoes and have to pull them off every single time.
just saying.
And every forum burger comes with tomatoes unless you ask to hold the tomatoes. It’s okay to do that.

A friend of mine used to order the little McDonald’s hamburgers without onions because they’d have to make them fresh — their default was to make them ahead of time and let them sit under the heat lamps, with onions. Ordering without onions resulted in freshly made burgers.

The worlds become offended at whatever nowadays. My belief is that the world starting turning to $h!t when they invented instant coffee. been a decline ever since.

I have been long convinced there is a special hot seat in hell for whoever invented instant coffee. But then I drink exclusively Italian or Sumatran freshly ground beans and I'm not a Caffeinol user, so I'll say no more.

As for the ignore list, well, why not make it live up to its name - just ignore it.

Okay, enough. No more bad puns...

Back