Canada Images From Canadian RFF Meet in Montreal

Man do I ever look ugly :D

I developed some of my film (1 roll - tmax 3200 @ 1600) and will be developing more as the week wears on - now I just have to get around to scanning it :)

Dave

Here's one two for you - both of FrankS :D

Dave

Attachments

• crop027.jpg
    crop027.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • crop0028.jpg
    crop0028.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
And here's a few more.. Hub, Nancy's cider at Brutopia, and "the gang" sitting around at Hurley's watching the Ottawa Senators vs New Jersey Devils

Cheers
Dave

Oh.. all of those with the M2 :)

Attachments

• crop002.jpg
    crop002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
  • crop004.jpg
    crop004.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • crop026.jpg
    crop026.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
Clearly a photographer and not a model.
Preferring to be on the shiny side of the film,
Frank

Dave, what film/dev combo were you using to get good exposure for Nancy in that dark corner - with a 15? That scene, from Frank to Nancy wasn't exactly an example of even lighting, either. I used Ilford XP2 for the first time, & was surprised at the high contrast in the prints. From reading posts here, it seems I may have underexposed somewhat; I'll try another roll in the near future. In the meantime, I'll see if I can make a decent scan or two.

Hey Guy :)

it was Tmax 3200 exposed @ 1600 and dev'd in Iford DD-X for 9 min (as per instructions) :D

The film was then scanned on my Minolta Dimage Scan Elite II using Vue Scan ( settings were the following: color negative, T-max 100, D76- CI=0.55, White Balance)

Dave

Great shots, Dave! And although I have nothing against digital, these M2 shots are your best! :)

Gene

GeneW said:
Great shots, Dave! And although I have nothing against digital, these M2 shots are your best! :)

Gene

Thanks Gene..
I've been considering, more and more, about switching some of my services back to film - mostly for those out there that actually want it that way - that is, shooting weddings on film; not only with my M7 but along side a Canon AF body like the Elan7 or EOS-3.

I have also been thinking more and more about shooting only in landscape mode when using the M's - mainly because it just seems "natural' that way and I think it would help me understand more of how pj stuff should be shot.

Just thinking about all of this mind you :)
Dave

dcsang said:
And here's a few more.. and "the gang" sitting around at Hurley's watching the Ottawa Senators vs New Jersey Devils

Cheers
Dave

Oh.. all of those with the M2 :)
Ah ... you got to see the Sens before they disappeared...

Earl
(ducking from Nancy)

Trius said:
Ah ... you got to see the Sens before they disappeared...

Earl
(ducking from Nancy)

*laughs*

Hey Earl, you know there are more canucks on the Ducks than on the Sens...?

Truth is, I wanted Detroit to win it all, but Anaheim knocked them out.

Ottawa lacks a certain je ne sais qua (something)... they are talented and have skills... but they aren't offensive enough when they need to be deep in the other team's zone... and they aren't defensive enough when the other team is all up in their zone.

I was (emphasis on the was) a Sens fans for several reasons:

1. It was the only team based in Canada to cheer for...
2. I live in Ottawa. And as pathetic as it sounds, it was hard not to catch the fever.
3. Hasek - now back with the Red Wings - had been up here to play before the Strike.
4. I have followed Spezza's career since he played for the Windsor Spitfires.

I call the Canadiens and the Avalanche for next year...

:) Nancy

Back